Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hug your spouse

Options
Hi boy and girls.  Take a few minutes and give your spouse a hug today.  I just brought my lovely bride home from the hospital after 3 days.   Thursday evening she threw a blood clot that traveled from her calf through her heart and stuck in her lung.  She is on medication for the next few months until it can dissolve and absorb into her body.  Our doctor told me today that 50,000 people die every year from this.  Feeling very blessed.  God is good. 

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Good reminder, can't imagine the scare you've just been through, DVT's are scary.

Glad to hear she is home.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @erniemcclain

I wish yall the very best brother. I would be absolute lost without my wife. She is without a doubt a gift from above and could not be replaced. I  will say a prayer for you and your wife. God bless my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    So glad things turned out well, Ernie.  It's so scary seeing a spouse go through a life-threatening event.  Takes a while to stop worrying so much!  Just so happy for you both that things went in the best direction.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Wow man...glad she's okay. Hope she gets well soon.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Very glad it turned out like it did.
    May her recover be swift and complete.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Saying a prayer for your wife and family... Scary. Glad it worked out.
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Will do
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    God Bless, love thoughts and prayers. Another reminder of what is truly important.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Glad things turned out ok.  My daughter in law had the same thing a few years ago- very scary.  Thoughts and prayers with your wife and your family.
    Grader07 Posts: 264
    Options
    Prayin for you, your wife, and family. Had first hand experience with exactly what your wife is going thru. God is good my friend.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Pulmonary emboli are quite scary. I've seen 3 people die from them. Good thing she got to the hospital quick and had that heparin drip going. I'm guessing she is going to be on Coumadin for a bit so be careful with what she eats(vitamin k).
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Glad your wife is ok! I have lost too many family members at a young age and you give some great advice! Tell them and show them every day how much you love them !
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    Glad she is doing alright. My dad was just in the hospital for a week for the same thing.
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    The two of you have made it through "another one", together. This time, she's leaning on you. That's what having a significant other is all about, give our best you your lady for a speedy recovery. 

Given that my SWMBO is down with one hell of a cold and full blown laryngitis, think I'll hold off the hug for a day or two...
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Glad she is doing OK. My uncle had that happen ant they had to run him over to Rochester by helicopter because there wasn't enough ER room in Toronto. He is fine now 8 years later.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Speedy recovery to your lovely SWMBO. Glad she is doing better. And just proves how precious our lives are. Today was my SWMBO & I's 18th year 1st date anniversary. And we spent it together. Made Spatchcock, planted a Naval Orange tree, 2 Meyers Lemon trees, some basil, cilantro, oregano, and parsley plants.... All for her :-). Who hugs and kisses his gal daily ? This guy! :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Glad she is alright and on the mend.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    Scary stuff, all the best to your family.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    You're a lucky man. Best wishes to you both.
    Gittin' there...
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    All the best to you and your wife.  Not that we really need reminders of how fragile life is.  Every day is a blessing - never take it for granted.
    Santa Paula, CA
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and best of luck!!
    Seattle, WA