Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

V-rack or not.

I am seeing several people using the V-rack for there pork butts. I have always just laid mine on the grate. Is there any advantage to using the V-rack other than using it to get the butt off the grill when its done?
Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE
·

Comments

• BobsBGEBobsBGE Posts: 99
    I've done both and see little difference except with the V-rack, I have something else I have to clean.
    Fayetteville, Ga
    ·
  • SGHSGH Posts: 14,586
    @Jeffroe189

No difference in cooking. V-rack makes handling meat easier. I like using them but thats just me.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    ·
  • I love the V-rack and use it often. Ribs, Roast, chickens, turkey breasts. Its not always used, but deffinetly a handy rack.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
    ·
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 3,754
    I bought a V-rack but never used it... 
    Thanks,

Matthew
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Be kind; as everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC - Large BGE - Medium BGE - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg) - Grid Extender - Bayou Classic 14" CI griddle
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook
    My Photography Site
    ·
  • Jeffroe189Jeffroe189 Posts: 213

I bought a V-rack but never used it... 

I bought mine for the thanks giving turkey and have not used it since. Lol
    Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE
    ·
  • BuckeyeBobBuckeyeBob Posts: 651
    I use my V-Rack for Ribs and also elevating my Brisket when I do it "Travis Style" among other things but have never used it for Pork Butt. I typically do multiple butts at one time and using the V-Rack wouldn't work for me.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • tcampbelltcampbell Posts: 642
    I don't have a plate setter r a stone for my medium egg so I use the v rack and set in a drip pan for sorta indirect works good for that.
    ·
  • My v rack has only been used for turkey... probably a candidate for that post of things you regret buying
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
    ·