Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Overnight

Options
My first overnight with the XL. 10 pound brisket tucked away in butcher paper. Love the smell of smokin in the morning

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    dconder
    Let us know how it turns out. I have cooked brisket almost every  way you can think off except using butcher paper. I would like to know your thoughts on it as i have heard some swear by it and others hate it.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• BigGreenCraigdotcom
    Options
    Anytime I do an overnight cook, I got up early in the morning to throw on some thick cut bacon for breakfast. Nothing better that smoked bacon for breakfast!  The thick cut style bacon normally takes about 2 hours. 
  • SpartanPride
    Options

Anytime I do an overnight cook, I got up early in the morning to throw on some thick cut bacon for breakfast. Nothing better that smoked bacon for breakfast!  The thick cut style bacon normally takes about 2 hours. 

Have you tried the Pig Candy version? Smoked with brown sugar and some cayenne. Top notch.
  • BigGreenCraigdotcom
    Options
    Have you tried the Pig Candy version? Smoked with brown sugar and some cayenne. Top notch.
    I have not tried it yet, but it is definitely at the top of my list!
  • dconder
    dconder Posts: 12
    Options
    I've used butcher paper several times with good results. Here is the finish. I must admit maybe the most juicy brisket I've done. Same technic comes out a little dry in my Traegers
  • BigGreenCraigdotcom
    Options
    Winner winner, brisket dinner!! Looks great! 
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    dconder said:
    I've used butcher paper several times with good results. Here is the finish. I must admit maybe the most juicy brisket I've done. Same technic comes out a little dry in my Traegers

In butcher paper from start to finish?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• pretzelb
    pretzelb Posts: 158
    Options
    This might be a dumb question but why doesn't the paper burn? Is there a safe temp zone for butcher paper?
    XL egg owner, home brewer, jogger, coffee roaster, gamer 
  • dconder
    dconder Posts: 12
    Options
    grege345......I usually wrap when the internal temp get to around 160-165. 

pretzelb.....Someone smarter than me can probably answer better but at temps below 300, I have never had any issue with the paper burning at all.