Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What to do with canned frozen lobster meat?

Grocery store had frozen canned Lobster meat marked down. I bought two cans but I can't decide what to do with them. 
  Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Lobster rolls - lobster meat cooked in burned butter and then into a top split hot dog bun.
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Or bisque.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Julie (Mainegg) on the other forum did an incredible lobster dip. Maybe Richard FL has the recipe.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    My first response to any "What to do..." is ABT's.  And that would be most eggcellent!  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Stuff it in a piece of fish? That might be good! Damn, that's a good idea. I may try it!
  • Canned & frozen?  From where? Split it with the cat and make a dish with the other half that mellows out the taste of the lobster. 
  • Little Steven
    They do it right on The Canadian east coast. Fresh live, canned and cooked in the can. It's not like steaming your own but its not bad at all.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Lobster-cargot.  Place equal parts of lobster into an escargot dish and top with enough garlic butter to fill each hole.  Bake at 350* for about 10-15 minutes and remove from oven.  Top the whole thing with havarti cheese and place under the broiler to melt.  Serve with crusty bread for mopping up the butter and cheese.  Really good stuff!!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Little Steven
    BOWHUNR said:
    Lobster-cargot.  Place equal parts of lobster into an escargot dish and top with enough garlic butter to fill each hole.  Bake at 350* for about 10-15 minutes and remove from oven.  Top the whole thing with havarti cheese and place under the broiler to melt.  Serve with crusty bread for mopping up the butter and cheese.  Really good stuff!!

Mike
    That sounds awful Mike! It might be better topped with bacon though.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• leo123
    leo123 Posts: 101
    thanks for the help.
    Unfortunatly I don't have a cat.

I am amazed by this forum. 
      I have been following all the forums and I am impressed with all the sugestions and interest.

One thing that blows me away is Little Steven. No matter what the topic he always has incredible advice and suggestions.

If he is good in bed as well as he cooks. Then I'm sure that all of the Ladies in Caledon are well taken care of.

By the way, I'm a proud Canadian as well. I live in Lorne Park Mississauga. If Little Steven is ever giving live  Demo's count me in.

Incase Little Steven see's this, just wondering if you know any of the Goulds in the area.

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    I could see that!!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Little Steven
    leo123 said:
    thanks for the help.
    Unfortunatly I don't have a cat.

I am amazed by this forum. 
      I have been following all the forums and I am impressed with all the sugestions and interest.

One thing that blows me away is Little Steven. No matter what the topic he always has incredible advice and suggestions.

If he is good in bed as well as he cooks. Then I'm sure that all of the Ladies in Caledon are well taken care of.

By the way, I'm a proud Canadian as well. I live in Lorne Park Mississauga. If Little Steven is ever giving live  Demo's count me in.

Incase Little Steven see's this, just wondering if you know any of the Goulds in the area.

Hahaha! Do you know people up here. Gould sounds familiar but Caledon is pretty spread out. I'm just south of Hwy#9 at Horseshoe Hill. (Dixie or 4th line) I've been asked to do some demos at Heart Lake Nurseries in Brampton.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• leo123
      I have cousins in Ingelwood. Jack, Rickl. Fathers name was Archie Gould. He was on the board for Education. He also had a body shop on his property in Inglewood.
  • allsid
    allsid Posts: 492
    Egg yourself a nice steak, and make some lobster mashed taters to go with it.  Cream, gouda, yum!

Could always to a lobster with panko & herbs over gnocchi as well-  Just some ideas.
    Proud resident of Missoula, MT
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingMontana
    http://grillingmontana.com
    https://instagram.com/grillingmontana

Check out my book on Kamado cooking called Exclusively Kamado:
    http://bit.ly/kamadobook

• Little Steven
    leo123 said:
      I have cousins in Ingelwood. Jack, Rickl. Fathers name was Archie Gould. He was on the board for Education. He also had a body shop on his property in Inglewood.
    My Inlaws used to live in Inglewood. On Inglewood Drive. Beauty spot eh?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• leo123
     it is nice there.
     Nice to have a dialog with you. 

You seem to have alot of knowledge and advice. I look forward to your advice and opinions.

Keep up with the Egging eggspertiese.
  • Yup, ABT's that would be great!

lousubcap said:
    My first response to any "What to do..." is ABT's.  And that would be most eggcellent!  FWIW-

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Back on topic, stuffed shells.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,359
    In in Cambridge, a few Canucks here eh? How about fresh lobster ravioli? Not an egg item but you could serve it with a steak?
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • DIAD
    DIAD Posts: 187
    Lobster mac n cheese! 
    Chester, MD
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Lobster ABT's
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• jobiswan
    jobiswan Posts: 4
    Ding a lobster pizza on your BGE would be a great use for this product. Use your best dough recipe, make a basic white sauce add some paprika ans sherry wine to it to make a mock newburg sauce. Top with the lobster meat, drizzle with some drawn butter before serving.  
  • Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    Eggrolls!
    Duncan, SC
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    Quesadillas
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
     a few suggestions:

Lobstercakes

Lobster ravioli (if you are into making your own ravioli), elsewise, jst stuff it into some shell pasta and bake with an alfredo sauce and lots of cheese

lobstermelt (like a tuna melt sandwich)

or if you want to use your egg, make a lobster stuffed pork loin
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited March 2014
    hapster said:
    Feed it to the cat...
    Eggsactly my first thought.

However, on edit, there were some pretty good suggestions.  Lobster mashed potatoes sounds pretty good.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys