Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

-58 F

Nice day, steaks on the egg tonight, meanwhile, my boss is sending me pics from Mexico.

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

Comments

• Where are you? The surface of Mars?!? Haha
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 13,863
    Nice. That's the cutoff for my Kamiks. I've wondered if I could ever experience those temps.
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    I hope you are posting from your phone while standing outside enjoying a stick, for Christ sakes, it is "Mainly Sunny"
  • AlbertaEggerAlbertaEgger Posts: 1,175
    Nice. That's the cutoff for my Kamiks. I've wondered if I could ever experience those temps.
    Lol, we dont own any of those, we arent that far North! I'm still going out in my slippers.
    hapster said:
    I hope you are posting from your phone while standing outside enjoying a stick, for Christ sakes, it is "Mainly Sunny"
    I was just out for one, inspecting the egg, my gauge is wrapped, the wrong way. it is a nice and sunny day though, thats also why its so cold.
    I had to try it, tried the old hot water thown into cold air. Yup, it vaporized.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 13,863
    Nice! I'd be out in my slippers too.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,780
    When this shiznet gonna end? It's milder here but snow and cold returning tomorrow. That's some bitter cold man.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• ThatgrimguyThatgrimguy Posts: 3,672
    edited March 2014
    Yikes! It's a nice 70 degrees Fahrenheit here!!
    Biloxi, MS
    Guild's Grocery BBQ Team
    The Grocery Cart
    XL / Small Green Eggs
    I think snow is starting here again Monday, but temps will be up, and we aren't getting much. Ya, I'm getting tired of it already.
  • ShadowNickShadowNick Posts: 520
    Just keep manning the Wall, with this winter I'm half expecting these guys to come down out of the North...
    Pentwater, MI
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,360
    It's so cold here, I almost wore pants while golfing. (Austin)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    I'm in shorts still regardless.
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    You know it's bad when the Canadians are bitching. Lol
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,780
    We normally (at least here) get a couple of thaws but nothing since December. We are gonna have a little excess water when it does warm up.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

We had a few melts in January. Its actually not that bad out. Sun is shining, clear blue sky. Has warrmed up for the daytime.
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 2,485
    Wow- cold stuff. I did the hot water trick on a trip to devils lake, ND. It does work.
    Greensboro, NC
    Figured I would send a pic same as profile pic, warm day vs coldest day. Even at that, was still nice enough in the sun to sit out annd have a drink with a sweater on. Just about to fire the egg up out back.
  • roblewroblew Posts: 78
    You can keep the cold… Supposed to be 70 here in N GA on Sunday so I will be going to church, mountain biking and firing up the BGE for Sunday pizza.
    Ringgold GA LBGE
    It will be 70 F here soon enough. Egging isnt an issue, biking happens as well. Just need to find a pcked trail.
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,697
    I've seen temps close to that in Wisconsin where I grew up. I rode my motorcycle in -35F one time before. It's the day I left to go to Texas. That was a cold ride all the way to Lubbock in 82'
    Dave - Austin, TX

8 days later, shorts, T, and flip flops. Out on the deck, having some beers, egging, and listening to the melt. What a place we live in! Love it.