Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whatcha Cooking?

What is everyone cooking this weekend? I'm thinking of bacon patty burgers and maybe a clam bake?

Comments

• bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Stuffed Pork Tenderloin   Garlic, Onions, Basil  Raised Indirect   Sliced potatoes in the CI skillet with butter and pork droppings     
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited March 2014
    Just about to put some canadian bacon in to smoke. Tri-tip tonight and a sausage party with pantsypants tomorrow. Cali, Henapple, Eggcelsior, Cazzy and anybody else can just jump all over that.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Pork ribs for me! It's all about the pig here in AR!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    I put a 15 pound pork shoulder at 5:00am. At 12:00pm going to put a 7 pound chuck roast in with it. I was feeling good today so I fired my reverse flow cabinet smoker.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Baby backs, burgers, and fish if I have time.
  • chainsaw19
    chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    Tri tip with some garlic balsamic great beans that ill finish on the grill
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • I saw several tri-tips. How do you do yours?
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095

bo31210 said:
    Stuffed Pork Tenderloin   Garlic, Onions, Basil  Raised Indirect   Sliced potatoes in the CI skillet with butter and pork droppings     
    Seriously?

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• chainsaw19
    chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    Ill sear my tri tip and then lower temp and finish it at lower temp pull off when internal temp is 135. I am using a pre marinated product from costco....have used before and they generally turn out well
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Chicago deep dish tonight, pork shoulder tomorrow while we get another foot or so of snow.
    Eggatron Posts: 22
    Having some family over. We're making 2 pizzas. Mexican pizza and something closer to a supreme. Did some lamb kebobs last night. Face meltingly great.
  • Tjcoley said:
    Chicago deep dish tonight, pork shoulder tomorrow while we get another foot or so of snow.
    Oh man, I love some deep dish pizza!  Here is my recipe:

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Looks great Craig. My crust uses Semolina instead of corn meal, and Crisco instead of butter. And I use sliced mozzarella and sliced provolone cheese. Many ways to make a pie.
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    I found some boneless skinless chicken thighs in the freezer. I think I'll stuff them with whatever I can scrounge up and wrap 'em in bacon.  Maybe a salad to go with it.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Little Steven

jls9595 said:
    I found some boneless skinless chicken thighs in the freezer. I think I'll stuff them with whatever I can scrounge up and wrap 'em in bacon.  Maybe a salad to go with it.
    One time I pounded about twenty of them together and made a roulade. It was the best chicken I ever made. Just kept placing the thighs over the holes and ended up being able to roll it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Whole chicken on the medium and a small brisket on the small.
  • jls9595
    Interesting, I may give that a try. So to clarify you had one large roulade after pounding the thighs together? How did you cook it/setup?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    IKEA.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Strip steaks Tonight trying reverse sear for the first time and then ribs tomorrow I tooled up today to use Car Wash Mikes recipe... Really looking forward to my first rib shot..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Little Steven
    jls9595 said:
    Interesting, I may give that a try. So to clarify you had one large roulade after pounding the thighs together? How did you cook it/setup?
    I used a long strip of foodsaver bag with the side cut to pound the thighs out. I put them on parchment and arranged them best i could. Then kept pounding more out and laying them over the thin areas. When I was done I covered in plastic wrap and pounded it out again. Then I filled it, rolled it up with the parchment and tied it. I froze it a bit took off the parchment and re-tied. I don't have pics anymore but it was for a throwdown on the old forum. I'll see if I can find them  over there. I don't know why I never did it again cause it was crazy good. I remember goat cheese in the stuffing.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    2 rack of ribs right now, salmon tomorrow night.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • jls9595
    jls9595 said:
    I used a long strip of foodsaver bag with the side cut to pound the thighs out. I put them on parchment and arranged them best i could. Then kept pounding more out and laying them over the thin areas. When I was done I covered in plastic wrap and pounded it out again. Then I filled it, rolled it up with the parchment and tied it. I froze it a bit took off the parchment and re-tied. I don't have pics anymore but it was for a throwdown on the old forum. I'll see if I can find them  over there. I don't know why I never did it again cause it was crazy good. I remember goat cheese in the stuffing.
    awesome, I have goat cheese!  did you do raised direct for the cook?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Just some New York cuts tonight 1 1/2", spuds, mushrooms.. Was planning on chilli, but I the steaks are already out. So chilli tomorrow.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Little Steven
    edited March 2014
    I don't think I had a rig at the time.It's a bit embarrassing but here is the plate. I think I posted the method and will continue to look.

(

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jls9595
    wow, that looks great. did you win the throwdown?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Little Steven
    Tied. Can't believe it with that plating.  It was chicken thighs and squash
    :\">

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Brisket 4.5 lb

Getting close to wrapping it in foil
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Burgers tonight and St. Louis ribs tomorrow. Oh yeah, did pork chops yesterday.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • ChuckR
    ChuckR Posts: 248
    Pork Tenderloin tonight. Not sure tomorrow.

Suwanee, GA