Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

16 inch pizza stone & 16 inch drip pan

Options
I have a LBGE and an AR. I am going to use the 16 stone for pizza on top of the rig extender. If the need arises, would it be ok to use it as an indirect piece with the 16 drip pan or would that be too large? Would the 14 inch stone be better with the 14 pan or put the 16 pan on it? Just wondering about other uses for those items. The 13 seems too small to use above the fire ring for much coverage. Thanks for any comments.

Comments

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options

I did this thin crust papa murphy with only the 16" stone on rig extender at the store last Saturday.  One stone is good for thin crust, as it is more of a grilling cook.  If thick crust, then two stones with bigger stone on the bottom, as it's more of a baking cook.  I do 'em as package suggest, 450ish.  Just make sure you have good even fire burning, so it produces an even plume of heat at the stone.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    trout1
    I use the 16 inch stone with a 16x2 pizza pan with no problem.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Brimo
    Brimo Posts: 53
    Options
    Your 16" stone will work great for indirect cooks. I have the oval stone but prefer the 16 for more indirect cooking area.