Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ideas for stuffing a pork loin

Options
2»

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    I'm sure it would be fine but sun dried tomatoes, garlic, giardinera and salami would make it pop. Even cooked, crumbled bacon or pancetta.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    ok thanks - if I do it I'll let you know how it comes out.

Any small appetizer ideas that can be cooked along with the loin?

Garnerville, NY
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    This is absolutely fabulous. Put it on tonight. Tomorrow, with the moisture from the meat, it will be easy to pat into a nice crust. 

• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
    • 1 teaspoon yellow prepared mustard
    • 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
    • 1-1/2 teaspoons dried cumin
    • 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
    • 1 teaspoon black pepper
    • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
    • 1 teaspoon onion powder
    • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
    • 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
    • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • SpartanPride
    Options
    I made this last night. Came out awesome. It's really easy to put together too since there isn't much prep other than the pork and the grocery shopping. I don't have Bomba so I used Cento Cherry Pepper Hoagie spread from the grocery store. It gave it some really nice heat. Thanks again @Little Steven‌. This one will make the rotation. Sorry the pics are sideways. Not sure what that's about.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I made this last night. Came out awesome. It's really easy to put together too since there isn't much prep other than the pork and the grocery shopping. I don't have Bomba so I used Cento Cherry Pepper Hoagie spread from the grocery store. It gave it some really nice heat. Thanks again @Little Steven‌. This one will make the rotation. Sorry the pics are sideways. Not sure what that's about.
    Well Done Jon! How many tenderloins?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SpartanPride
    Options
    Well I bought two, but I forgot two come in each package. By the time I hammered out the first two I had enough I thought, so it only wound up being two. We had plenty for 4 adults. Great flavor. I also substituted chorizo for the calabrese salami since they didn't have it at the grocery store.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    It's pretty wide open as far as stuffing goes. I like using a bread stuffing with dehydrated apples and sausage as well. I just prefer the texture of the tenderloin vs the loin.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BigGreenCraigdotcom
    Options
    A sun dried tomato & spinach pesto would be awesome!
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Does it matter between plain pork loin and tenderloin for this type of cook? And not happening tonight anyways. Going out to eat. :(

Garnerville, NY
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Just the thickness of the meat. Thicker loin will take a bit longer to cook through.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MatAlexander
    Options
    I have not cooked this yet, but we've never had anything from Frank Stitt's cookbook that wasn't fantastic. I would just cook on Egg instead of in oven.
    Roast Pork Loin Stuffed with Rosemary, Bacon, and Onions:
    Gadsden, AL
    Twitter: @matalexander

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    MatAlexander, that sounds fantastic. I've saved it. Thanks.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia