Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Non egg related question about potatoes.

Options
Hey everyone. 

I have been chosen to cook the baked potatoes for my grandmother in laws 70th surprise birthday party. I will be cooking about 30 baked potatoes. I usually just stick a couple in the oven at 450 for about an hour no foil. 

Im wanting to know will 30 potatoes cook in the oven in an hour just like 2 to 4 will or do I need to cook them longer than an hour?

Im also looking for any tips or suggestions on cooking that many baked potatoes.

Thanks everyone.
Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE, MiniMax, Blackstone

Comments

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    2-4 potatoes will cook just as fast as 30. I like to rub some olive oil on them and then put on a good layer of coarse salt.
    NW IOWA
  • Jeffroe189
    Options
    Philly35 said:
    2-4 potatoes will cook just as fast as 30. I like to rub some olive oil on them and then put on a good layer of coarse salt.

I learned the olive oil and salt trick with no foil a few years ago. It makes the best baked potato. I grew up alway wrapping them in foil. They are so much better with no foil.

Thanks for the input.
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    should cook close to the same time but check internal temp to 210 to 215 degrees.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Options
    After they have cooked...they will stay warm/hot for hours in a Coleman type cooler.
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I've done 28 for the family reunion. A little coating of oil and salt. Took just as Lon's as doing 2.
    Options
    I like garlic powder sprinkled on the outside. Delish
    That does sound good. I will have to try it next time I do potatos for me and the wife.