Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New egg owner

Hello everyone, I've had my egg for about two months and I can truly say why didn't I get one sooner. I love the way it cooks. I usually cook ribs, steak, venison, chicken on the old barrel smoker but my eggbert puts it to shame.

I did a brisket two weeks ago and it turned out good, I know I do better next time lol. I've been reading post just about every night to learn all I can and it's really good to see all the support. I even had my brother in-law build my table.

I'll be cooking some more ribs this weekend and enjoying the cook.

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,574
    Welcome. ..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,660
    Welcome. Where ya from?

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Welcome, enjoy the ride. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Pike co Georgia.
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Welcome. What size egg you workin with? Btw time to upgrade your phone to one that has a camera
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• grege345 said:

Welcome. What size egg you workin with? Btw time to upgrade your phone to one that has a camera

It's a large , and yes I don't have a camera but I do have the iPhone 5s. I will post some pics of the nice ribs I cook this weekend lol.
  • Welcome, enjoy the ride on this out of control forum. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Congrats on the Egg and welcome aboard!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,515
    Welcome!
  • jhl192jhl192 Posts: 998
    Welcome!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • roblewroblew Posts: 78
    WELCOME ABOARD…….
    Ringgold GA LBGE
  • Welcome enjoy and remember no pics or it didn't happen. ...
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
  • Welcome
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • Welcome I am also a new Egghead,and am having so much fun,also spend a lot of time on the Forum. Temps in the Carolinas on Sunday in the 70's. I am doing my first rack of ribs. I can't wait..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Welcome
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,423
    Welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing your cooks.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• bo31210bo31210 Posts: 642
    Welcome from down in Macon. Used to live in Pike county 15 years ago off hwy 362 between Williamson and Hollonville. Pretty country up that way.
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • Welcome to the madness before you know you will be looking for a 2nd Egg
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Scott805Scott805 Posts: 196
    Welcome!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct - Finally have a decent table!

Dallas, TX

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 9,713
    Welcome aboard! Enjoy the journey.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    ABC- 
  • Welcome!
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  • bo31210 said:

Welcome from down in Macon. Used to live in Pike county 15 years ago off hwy 362 between Williamson and Hollonville. Pretty country up that way.

I know exactly where your talking about, I live in concord. I call it gods country. I hunt close to Macon in Roberta. Thanks for the welcome.
  • Thanks everyone for the nice reception. I'll be showing off my rib cook tomorrow. This is a great forum.
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,688
    Welcome!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Mentioned a second egg to the wife last night...did not go well, I'll have to get more booze in her next time.
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,515
    @Prodraft what happened? We are here to help. I finally convinced my wife by asking her if she'd rather go out or for me to cook. She said she doesn't miss goin out at all. I said good because goin out 5 times is the same cost of a small.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• That won't work for me, my youngest is a chef so if we go out, it's normally free. I think I'm going with the "need two eggs for our parties so you don't have to spend time in the kitchen" route. Next few times she asks me to cook an entire meal at once, I've got the " Don't have room" line.
  • Besides, the amount I spent at CGS this week made her little mad too.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 9,713
    @Prodraft-if you have two decendents then "given the longevity of the BGE you need one for each to inherit someday..." YMMV :)
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    ABC-