Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

lump divider

Options

Comments

• Tackman
    Tackman Posts: 230
    Options
    I'm not sure about this one. It may fall in a future "Things I regret buying for my egg category". I bought a turbo grate awhile ago, and never regretted it.
    Cleveland, Ohio
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I buy a new lump separator every time I buy lump. It keeps my lump in one spot and separate from everything else. It even makes it convenient for me to carry the lump from the store, to my shelf to the egg. Very useful.
    Flint, Michigan
  • corey24
    corey24 Posts: 386
    edited February 2014
    Options

Go check out the one made @ the ceramic grill store.  It's cheaper and its great.  It's a great tool to have on the XL.  You can split the firebox and not waste so much lump when making food for just you and small family.  I use it for 75% of my cooks. 

http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/anglebrackets.html 

XL Egg Owner Since Dec 2013 - Louisiana

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    I bought the CGS lump reduction ring and it works pretty good. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I have both the rings and the angl brackets from ceramicgrillstore.com never used either for there intended purpose. I have used the angl brackets as a catch when scraping ash out of my xl. Works great for that
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • corey24
    corey24 Posts: 386
    Options
    Cant imagine these doing much good except in XL.  In XL they are great.  You can also use them to cook indirectly.  Can sear over portion that has lump them move to the other side.

XL Egg Owner Since Dec 2013 - Louisiana

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I consider the angle brackets to be worthless.  I can just pile the lump to one side of the firebox to achieve the direct/indirect method. I like the [open] lump reduction ring as sits in the middle of the firebox and provides a better balance to the heat distribution in the egg. It takes a long time to come to temp with the lump resting on one side of the egg. It works, but it seems inefficient to me. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD