Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vision Grills P series

Options
Saw one in Costco, price was same as web-site and that includes delivery. We had a thread last year on this little guy. Did anyone pick one up and if so how does it work? http://www.costco.com/Vision-Grills-Kamado-Classic-P-Series-Grill-----.product.100032181.html
Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I like mine it works good. I saw the bigger vision got some upgrades I wonder if they upgraded the mini. They didn't have them yet in my Costco last week might have to check tomorrow.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    If I was near a Costco I'd have one
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• s_austin_egger
    Options
    That price includes shipping
  • sodigthisbigcrux
    Options
    I've got one and I love it....I got mine for about $140 though. Still,  I wouldn't balk at $200.00
    Battle Ground, WA
    Large BGE,  MiniMax  and a Vision Kub.
    Could you call on Lady Day, could you call on John Coltrane?
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Options
    I've enjoyed mine. $160 delivered.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    What size compared to the bge? Small Or mini?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    Mini is the comparable size @henapple‌ . Got one for 140 last year delivered. Have noticed the glaze chipping but does a good job. Pleased with it here
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • plumbfir01
    Options
    filling out info and being a non-member puts me at 222$ shipped..... they charge $10 for non member. was thinking of buying the komodo JR for 425 this week but im on the fence between the jr, mini and vision. 
    Beaufort, SC
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    plumbfir01
    I picked up a kamado joe jr today. You really should give it a look. Grate size of the small egg and portability of the mini. Best of both worlds. Im real impressed with it.I think they got a winner with this one.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    SGH said:
    plumbfir01
    I picked up a kamado joe jr today. You really should give it a look. Grate size of the small egg and portability of the mini. Best of both worlds. Im real impressed with it.I think they got a winner with this one.
    I think the grid size of the Jr Joe is actually a little bigger than the BGE small, the Jr is a gret looking grill, once you are back from the honeymoon, lets us know how she did..
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Thanks all for the updates….
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    edited February 2014
    Options
    We have 2 KUBs in our family, and one of those KUBs prompted another family member to buy the large Visions grill too. No complaints whatsoever with the KUBs, especially at the $99 apiece we paid for them. Cook well, easily lighted, well made and Visions send you a chip repair kit which makes an invisible repair to the paint flaw (we had them too). Also keen on the KJ Jr., but Ive got a Med BGE which is perfect for us, the KUB, a Lodge Sportsmans Grill, a Hachi Tabletop hibachi, and a gasser. Like my children, I like them all. The only way to sneak in a KJ Jr. right now would be to ether the Missus, and embezzle the grocery money..... Moral dilemma.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    Thanks @gogogordy for the heads up on the chip kit. Didn't realize it was available.
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

I am very happy with mine.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    edited February 2014
    Options
    very happy with mine, its slightly larger than a mini from what ive seen. the daisy isnt the greatest on it but still functions. the shelves and band design are a great feature. i can cook maybe 30 wings in it with my basket setup and a full rack of ribs cut in half, three 4.5 inch deep dish pies, with a little imagination its a cooking machine. on a down side there warranty doesnt cover some of the places selling them, not sure about the ones at costco so calling them before a purchase is a good idea
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    @fishlessman - good point on the warranty question. Last year when the forum first heard of the Costco sales, I called Visions to see if my local Costco (albeit in Bellingham, WA) would be getting any stock, and if the units carried Vision's warranty. The answer was that Costco controlled where the units were sold and Vision's did not know which stores would have stock. Warranty was standard Vision's warranty. Don't know if anything has changed since then, so like you say, may be worth checking. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    @fishlessman - good point on the warranty question. Last year when the forum first heard of the Costco sales, I called Visions to see if my local Costco (albeit in Bellingham, WA) would be getting any stock, and if the units carried Vision's warranty. The answer was that Costco controlled where the units were sold and Vision's did not know which stores would have stock. Warranty was standard Vision's warranty. Don't know if anything has changed since then, so like you say, may be worth checking. 
    yep, mine was from best dealz, paid a little more than the costco price at the time and was rejected on the warranty when i went to register it. emailed back and forth with them for a while and in the end they decided it was best to have an unhappy customer. their customer service is the pits in my opinion, but the product for the price is a good deal. mine was 137 with free shipping
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gogogordy
    Options
    yep, mine was from best dealz, paid a little more than the costco price at the time and was rejected on the warranty when i went to register it. emailed back and forth with them for a while and in the end they decided it was best to have an unhappy customer. their customer service is the pits in my opinion, but the product for the price is a good deal. mine was 137 with free shipping

We received the chip kit, and a replacement daisy-wheel under warranty (The little knob melted on top the daisy wheel for a super hot cook) and I found their warranty / customer service to be quite acceptable. However, we bought ours at Costco (I believe they may be Visions' largest retailer) and inasmuch Visions is likely contracted to abide by Costco's extremely high standards of keeping the customer happy, for fear of having Costco sell.....someone else's kamado style cooker.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)