Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The mini Green Egg

Options
My wife and I have had the Big Green Egg for years and just love it!!! About 3 months ago, we bought a mini to put on our deck. The dealer assembled it and we have used to about 3 time. Last night we used it and as I had the meat off the grill with my back turned, the band holding the top came off and the Egg crashed onto the deck destroying the bottom part (bowl and inside). How can I get that part replaced! Very disappointed!

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Sorry to hear that!   Unfortunately it is not something covered under the BGE warranty.  If I were you, I would contact the dealer and let them know what happened.  They may not replace the parts for free, but perhaps they can work with you on the price- maybe give them to you at cost. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Talk with your dealer. They put it together for you they should honor their work.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Options
    Did you check the torque on the lid ring bolts after the first half dozen cooks? They recommend that you do. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    If you were close to Seattle I'd give you a base that has a crack but running strong for a year now.
    Seattle, WA
  • Gogogordy
    Options
    Talk with your dealer. They put it together for you they should honor their work.

Well OP stated this was his third cook. Would appeal to the dealer since they assembled it and apparently not correctly.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)