Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Deep dish pizza

What size pan does everyone use?
·

Comments

• allsidallsid Posts: 407
    I am a fan of the CI skillet-

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920
    I use a 10.5" cast iron skillet. I believe that is the diameter across the top. I can check when I get home if you want.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • That one looks about like mine.  It fits about  the same in a large egg anyway. I just used it for the first time last night cooking some thin steaks for steak sandwiches. 

It worked really well.  I think I am going to use it for my next reverse sear to see how that does.

Large BGE Decatur, AL
    ·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    I'm glad I asked. I was going to get something larger and was thinking it might not work out very well slicing it. Thanks guys.
    ·
  • SGHSGH Posts: 13,663
    TonyA
    I use a 16x2 heavy aluminum.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,371
    edited February 2014
    You can use lotsa sizes. I use a 9" steel cake pan, but here are recipes for many different size pans...

Watch the video on how to make the dough. Awesome stuff!!! And easy!

Here's one of mine...
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • I have used 10.5 and 8 inch Cast iron skillets. Both seem to work well. I also have the BGE deep dish pizza stone but haven't used it yet. Cast iron works very well.
    ·
  • 14 inch Chicago metallic
    ·
  • biznorkbiznork Posts: 112
    allsid said:

I am a fan of the CI skillet-

What size egg is that?

·