Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIP Harold Ramis

Options
An amazing talent! The only American on SCTV and a brilliant career!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I agree. I will miss Mo Green.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Bustersdad
    Options
    absolutely fabulous talent
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Now 'who ya gonna call?' He will be missed as a comic talent.
    Options
    He's getting a lot of media here because he spent a big chunk of time here. Caddyshack had two very difficult actors in Murray and Chase and it was Dangerfield's first film. Apparently his character was supposed to be really quiet but he started ad libbing and Harold just said go ahead.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I saw only Ghostbusters and Stripes. Both entertaining, Bill Murray notwithstanding. Other than that, nada.  

And before you ask, no I have never seen Animal House, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Caddyshack or Groundhog Day.

Still, RIP.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Steven
    Options
    Michael, Comedy didn't end when they got sound. There are some pretty funny things out there.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    My favorite Harold Ramis movie of all time. When I was in boot camp we quoted this movie a lot.image

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    I saw only Ghostbusters and Stripes. Both entertaining, Bill Murray notwithstanding. Other than that, nada.  

And before you ask, no I have never seen Animal House, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Caddyshack or Groundhog Day.

Still, RIP.

You have homework
    Toronto
  • johnkitchens
    Options

Still, RIP.
    Michael Caddyshack and Christmas Vacation are a must see. You owe it to yourself to see them. 

Dangerfield made Caddyshack. He was awesome in it. "I bet you were something before electricity." Love it!!!!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    You have homework
    One of these days, I may watch Animal House. Belushi was cool. The others have Chase, Dangerfield and Murray so it's unlikely that I will complete my homework assignment.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

Still, RIP.

Dude.  :-t

You have 48-hrs to watch the first three or we'll be forced to revoke your man card......seriously.  Get on Netflix or Amazon Prime now.  If we need to take up a collection to cover the rentals, somebody set it up!!!

• pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    edited February 2014
    Options
    One of these days, I may watch Animal House. Belushi was cool. The others have Chase, Dangerfield and Murray so it's unlikely that I will complete my homework assignment.
    Do you hate laughing ??
    Toronto
  • Little Steven
    Options
    You have homework
    C'mon man that was very funny right there
    You have homework
    C'mon Michael that "when they got sound" thing was damn funny and you know it!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    LS, RIP indeed.

I feel really really bad for Contrarian Q. He is missing some good stuff.
  • Little Steven
    Options

LS, RIP indeed. I feel really really bad for Contrarian Q. He is missing some good stuff.
    Man sometimes I crack my own self up! That was freakin funny and he has no comeback yet

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    One of the funniest parts of Stripes. ..that and Dewey Oxburger.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • skellis614
    Options
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
    But three rights make a left.
    LBGE, Burgeoning Accessories
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    edited February 2014
    Options
    TUTTLE871 said:
    My favorite Harold Ramis movie of all time. When I was in boot camp we quoted this movie a lot.image
    I've always been kind of a pacifist. When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it." I don't know what kind of soldier I'm gonna make, but I want you guys to know that if we ever get into really heavy combat... I'll be right behind you guys. Every step of the way. Read more movie news at: http://www.moviefanatic.com/quotes/ive-always-been-kind-of-a-pacifist-when-i-was-a-kid-my-father-t/#ixzz2uRF5z6Hx

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    Its sad, we are loosing one more person that was actually funny.
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Harold Ramis made me laugh! From his willingness to learn to be a homosexual in Stripes to his tutorial on how to drive a spaceship while stoned in Heavy Metal. I love his movies. RIP
    Flint, Michigan
  • Cubs1908
    Options
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
    Schaumburg, IL
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    OK, at least see Animal House if you had any fun in college at all. Not that I did (ahem.) But I was once at a party where a guy rode his motorcycle up to his third floor bed room. And I have an old friend who frat's last party ended when the Nat'l Guard were called out.
  • rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    The movies referenced here, are what classic movies aspire to be.
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin