Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT:Tried a new rub on a rack of baby backs

Went by the isle of a local mom and pop last Saturday and noticed a rub called Jim's Own rub on the shelf.  I decided to give it a try on a rack of baby backs to see how well I liked it.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and wished I rubbed the 5lb butt I was cooking with it too, instead of Bad Byron's.  Anyone else give this a try?  What is neat is that it is a NC based product too! 

http://www.jimsownsauce.com/

Removing the membrane skin from the back and showing the type rub I used.  They have others I plan on getting as well. 

imageimage

All rubbed down and ready to go to the BGE.

End

Thanks,

Matthew
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Be kind; as everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about"
Thomasville, NC - Large BGE - Medium BGE - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg) - Grid Extender - Bayou Classic 14" CI griddle
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook
My Photography Site
·

Comments

• SGHSGH Posts: 13,664
    tarheelmatt
    I have never tried it but im going to now since you said that you like it better than BBBR. Thanks for posting the link.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,295
    Link didn't work. Here is another.
    ·
  • SGHSGH Posts: 13,664
    tarheelmatt I just ordered several to try. Thanks for posting it.
    Eggcelsior  Thanks for the link.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,420
    Definitely not OT
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • JohnMcJohnMc Posts: 76
    It's my favorite pork rub. Did 2 butts with it last week and they were awesome as every time I use it. I usually inject the butts with apple juice then bag the butt in more apple juice with Jim's Own in it. Finally, before cooking do a light coat of mustard and rub with Jim's. I've even sprinkled some in once meat is pulled. Their sauce is really nice too.
    ·
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 3,560
    Thanks @eggcelsior.  Not sure what happened that it did not post correctly.  

@SGH - Hope you enjoy it.  I am going to get more this weekend.  The one bag does not look like a lot is included, but it surprised me.  

@henapple - You're right.  I was torn between this forum (main) or the rub.  Some of my other forums I am a member of will get on to you for posting in the wrong section.  Cannot find a way to edit.  

@johnmc - I wished I would have used this on the butt.  I think it really would have elevated the flavors.  

Thanks,

Matthew
    "Be kind; as everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about"
    Thomasville, NC - Large BGE - Medium BGE - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg) - Grid Extender - Bayou Classic 14" CI griddle
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook
    My Photography Site
    ·
  • I saw this post way back when. I placed a order the other week and tried it out the other day. It did not impress me when I applied it to the ribs, looked kind of fine, but the results were great. I have to say this is the best I tried yet. Their sauce is not bad either.

Steve

·