Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

OT:Tried a new rub on a rack of baby backs

Went by the isle of a local mom and pop last Saturday and noticed a rub called Jim's Own rub on the shelf.  I decided to give it a try on a rack of baby backs to see how well I liked it.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and wished I rubbed the 5lb butt I was cooking with it too, instead of Bad Byron's.  Anyone else give this a try?  What is neat is that it is a NC based product too! 

http://www.jimsownsauce.com/

Removing the membrane skin from the back and showing the type rub I used.  They have others I plan on getting as well. 

imageimage

All rubbed down and ready to go to the BGE.

End

Thanks,

Matthew
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomasville, NC - Large BGE (w/Nest) - Plate Setter - Maverick ET-733 - BBQ Guru Party-Q (new design ) Pizza Stone - BGE V-Rack - Weed Torch (to light egg)

Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments