Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

At it again!

cazzycazzy Posts: 8,879
edited February 2014 in EggHead Forum
photo 20140225_093949_zpstee0exqg.jpg

So came here today to deliver the metal prints I made for Aaron Franklin and John Lewis. I just gave Aaron and Benji the print, and Aaron got really excited! He thought it was cool it was printed on metal too.
photo 20140220_083022_zpsaqaaklgk.jpg

Showed him how it needed adequate lighting to pop. He said I'm going to put it right there under the air condition (left of the entrance). I didn't know if it would make it in the restaurant so it's pretty cool! His reaction was priceless!

After I grub, he's going to take me back to get shots of the pits with food on them! :D

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 4,486
    Fantastic looking print!
  • That print is outstanding!  Can't quite tell how big it is from the photo - what are the rough dimensions @cazzy?
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

• cazzycazzy Posts: 8,879
    I that one is a 8x12
  • Excellent job!  It's nice to hear that Aaron is a regular guy, I would love to make it to his place sometime.
    Edina, MN

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,030
    Hope you get line cuts for life.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 7,466
    @cazzy - Is that a composite of sort,HDR, or painting?  Excuse my ignorance to the location and placement. 

That is cool that he enjoyed his gift and actually hung it on the wall.  I would love to expierence his Q sometime. 
    Thanks,

Matthew
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thomasville, North Cackalack - Large BGE - Medium BGE - KJ Jr - 36" Blackstone
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Great looking print!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
    edited February 2014

@cazzy - Is that a composite of sort,HDR, or painting?  Excuse my ignorance to the location and placement. 

That is cool that he enjoyed his gift and actually hung it on the wall.  I would love to expierence his Q sometime. 

It's a HDR shot. Used the bracket feature on my Nikon and merged the images together in post.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,095
    Awesome!  Do you at least get some free grub???

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Nice photo/print/art. That looks freakin awesome. And for it to be at such a popular spot. That's like WoW!!!!!!!! Congrats and good job!!!!!!
  • Way to Go Cazzy, Nice pic. Recently watched Franklin videos, that place must HUM. Post some pics of his pits and let us know how the tour was.
    Large, small, and a mini

Awesome!  Do you at least get some free grub???

I honestly told myself that I would not let them buy me lunch. Sure enough the guy at the register told me "Aaron would like to buy your lunch today". I insisted to pay twice but they wouldn't let me, so I gave them a good tip.

Been here twice and haven't paid yet...kinda feels a lil wrong. Haha
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 7,466
    cazzy said:

It's a HDR shot. Used the bracket feature on my Nikon and merged the images together in post.

Good deal and congrats again!   Couple years ago I was an HDR nut, still do quiet a bit.  Always good to push the DR of those cameras to the max to pull those shadows and highlights. 

Thanks,

Matthew
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thomasville, North Cackalack - Large BGE - Medium BGE - KJ Jr - 36" Blackstone
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 2,154
    That is a great photo and the whole story is ridiculously awesome.  Great work.
    NOLA
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,253
    Pit Pics? 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
    Just met Johnny Trigg and Rod Gray...Both were on Pitmasters.
  • You are living the dream, my friend.  Living the dream!!!
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

• GQuizGQuiz Posts: 699
    You signing autographs in Salado? Maybe a class how to use the RAZR? Sweeeeeeet.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,492
    You're like the play 60 kid meeting his heroes lol
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 3,341
    Well done, cool stuff.
    Seattle, WA
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 8,942
    I'm about to pass out. That's sweet!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    BYS1981 said:

You're like the play 60 kid meeting his heroes lol

Sure am. Talked to Aaron for 30 minutes while he gave me a tour of all his pits. Now I'm chilling with John Lewis! :D
  • SGHSGH Posts: 22,662
    cazzy
    Sir I dont know any thing at all about art, but I have to say that is very, very impressive. Wish I had that kind of talent. Again that looks great.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
  • Great looking piece and it sounds like you are really enjoying yourself! Cant wait to see the rest of the pics.
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,515
    This is the thread of the year. One of our own rubbin elbows with legends
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 5,787
    edited February 2014
    Cool print and we're all jealous of you rubbing shoulders with who's who in bbq!
    btw, dumb question: no "© Photos by caz" in the bottom left?
    canuckland

Cool print and we're all jealous of you rubbing shoulders with who's who in bbq!
    btw, dumb question: no "© Photos by caz" in the bottom left?
    Lol yeah...from my phone so it isn't that serious.
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 5,787
    actually I meant on the print itself!
    canuckland
    Still chilling with John. Trimmed spares, seasoned shorties, and now trimming and seasoning briskets.

IBP Prime CAB
    photo 20140225_150311_zpsbmqxb9j8.jpg

Learning a ton just by watching!!

actually I meant on the print itself!

Oh...nah. lol

Totally not into photography to make coin so it never crossed my mind. I just thought Aaron might like the shot and the possibility of him hanging it up is cool enough.

Benji said he'd let me know if anyone wants to buy it. I've actually sold one already so who knows if some Franklin Maniacs might want one.

Aaron told me he was thinking in the back about how he would secure it so it doesn't walk. Something about cutting a whole and flush mounting it.