Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Brisket

I'll do a brisket probably once every 3-4 months. I almost always get mine from Wal Mart; they're cheap (<$2/lb), look decent, and convenient. However, this week, I was doing my shopping at Sprouts, and they had their briskets on sale at $1.99/lb. It was a little bit smaller than I'm used to (7-9#), but they looked really good. What caught my eye was that it had a different stamp on it as opposed to the others I've purchased - the ones from Sprouts all said Cedar River Farms. 

I'm not very familiar with different farms, or brands of meat, but I would imagine the quality of a Sprouts, Central Market, etc. would be a bit better than those of your normal grocery store. 

So, the verdict after having done this one from Cedar River Farms, oh man. Infinitely better. And I always thought I had the brisket thing figured out and it couldn't get much better, but this brisket trumped any others I've done. Despite the absence of a smoke ring, it was tender, moist, just overall excellent. So if you see any Cedar River Farms briskets, get them. Unless they're out after I make it back to empty my local Sprouts of them. 

Comments