Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Disposable Food Gloves

This might have been talked about before. Anyone got a good website to buy cheap food grade disposable gloves?

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·

Comments

• The black nitrile from amazon. Just got a few boxes myself.
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·
  • +1 on Amazon, I buy the food grade Nitrile
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,269
    Not online, but from SAMS - dirt cheap!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Wife brings boxes of them home from the hospital.
    Slightly used though!

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603

Thank you all. I went with these.

Gloves

Grenada, MS

·
  • tkleagertkleager Posts: 518
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Wife brings boxes of them home from the hospital. Slightly used though!
    Does your wife work for the Proctologist?
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    tkleager said:
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Wife brings boxes of them home from the hospital. Slightly used though!
    Does your wife work for the Proctologist?

I always wondered about his license plate.image
    image.jpg 42.7K

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
    six_egg said:

Thank you all. I went with these.

Gloves

If you look at the ones I get and what you just bought I say they are made by the same company. Only thing is I only paid $5 for 1 box!

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
    @RRP I got 2 boxes for $8.00 Free 2 day shipping. I felt it was a good deal. The link does not say it but the $7.99 was for 2 500 Ct boxes.

Grenada, MS

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,150
    I get them from work.I pay $0.00 for them. That's probably the cheapest you're going to find them.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,219
    I'm with RRP on what I call the "subway gloves" for quick stuff...doctors gloves for trimming or cutting meat.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    six_egg said:
    @RRP I got 2 boxes for $8.00 Free 2 day shipping. I felt it was a good deal. The link does not say it but the $7.99 was for 2 500 Ct boxes.

Yes that was a good price. I failed to mention they come as a 2 pack at SAMs as well but for $10 so you did better!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,146
    I just wash my hands. Gloves are a pain. :)
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,768
    I just got a few boxes at Shady Maple since they had my size. Just makes prep of different types of food easier, plus I'm not wasting as much water and paper towels washing my hands every two min.
    ·
    +1 on henapple comment.

Grenada, MS

·
  • I bought a 2 pack of nitrile gloves at Costco. Don't know how much I paid. It wasn't much. I love using gloves when I cook. I find that rubs don't stick to my hands with gloves on like they do without them.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,150
    +2 on henapple. I wash my hands twice instead of 5 or 6 times to prep raw meat. I basically treat it like I am taking care of patients. That stuff was beat into me in nursing school.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,219
    hapster said:

I just got a few boxes at Shady Maple since they had my size. Just makes prep of different types of food easier, plus I'm not wasting as much water and paper towels washing my hands every two min.

hand.jpg 66K
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    There's a crude old saying that I think can be cleaned up here to explain why I use disposable food safe gloves...my "meat" knows where it has been before being handled, but it doesn't know where my hands have been! Get my drift?
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
    Good point RRP. I hand them out when people want to help even if they have washed. In the end if your cooking it falls on you to make sure things are safe.

Grenada, MS

·
    edited February 2014
    six_egg said:
    Good point RRP. I hand them out when people want to help even if they have washed. In the end if your cooking it falls on you to make sure things are safe.

BINGO!!! Though I teach cooking classes and may be over sensitive to this issue I am still very observant at Eggfests and sometimes I'm "just too full to eat more"...get my drift?
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,306
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • RRP said:
    six_egg said:

BINGO!!! Though I teach cooking classes and may be over sensitive to this issue I am still very observant at Eggfests and sometimes I'm "just too full to eat more"...get my drift?
    Ron,

One time a couple of friends and I went fishing in VA. I had brought some marinated pork satay in my bag. Well the airline lost it and it showed up the next day in the hot afternoon. One of the guys and I ate it raw out of the marinade. The guy is a bit of a jerk and he sort of challenged me.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    edited February 2014
    Ron, 
    One time a couple of friends and I went fishing in VA. I had brought some marinated pork satay in my bag. Well the airline lost it and it showed up the next day in the hot afternoon. One of the guys and I ate it raw out of the marinade. The guy is a bit of a jerk and he sort of challenged me.
    OK Steve! Then you are a better man than I am. I give up! No way I am getting into a "I ate this or that and still am walking around to brag about it" contest! YOU WIN, Buddy!

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,777
    I just wash my hands. Gloves are a pain. :)
    +1. 

Did I mention I'm a gastroenterologist? :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • JethroVAJethroVA Posts: 239
    Loves the gloves. Especially since I don't have a sink outside. I can wrestle raw meat onto the grill, rip off the gloves, and re-enter house clean handed. Also a necessity in handling super spicy things.
    Richmond, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. No FireWires Yet. Hoping to win some soon.
    ·