Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Eye of round

Friday nights cook was a eye of round. Cooked at 350* until it hit 135*. Then dropped it on the ashes for A quick sear. Saturday I sliced it thin and cooked it with cheese and peppers for cheesesteaks. It turned out good. Next time I will shave it with the slicer. Sorry no pics of the cheesesteak. Also, first use for my thermapen.
image.jpg 1.2M
image.jpg 1.9M

• SGHSGH Posts: 17,307
    That shaving thin with cheese sounds like a plan. Goods great sir!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,799
    How I do it with round. Nice and economical.
    Seattle, WA
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 12,394
    Never done sear direct on lump/ashes. How do you do this without gettash on meat? Aren't you able to get the same results using c.i. pan or grid getting them white hot for sear?
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Middleburg, FL
  • @nphusker I was mostly being lazy. I didn't really have time to get my ci pan. Also, I didn't really notice it getting muck ash on it. The wife didn't notice any either or she would have let me know.