Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Disposable Food Gloves

Options
six_egg
six_egg Posts: 1,110
This might have been talked about before. Anyone got a good website to buy cheap food grade disposable gloves?

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

Comments

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    The black nitrile from amazon. Just got a few boxes myself.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    +1 on Amazon, I buy the food grade Nitrile
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Not online, but from SAMS - dirt cheap!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Wife brings boxes of them home from the hospital.
    Slightly used though!

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• six_egg
    Options

Thank you all. I went with these.

Gloves

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    Options
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Wife brings boxes of them home from the hospital. Slightly used though!
    Does your wife work for the Proctologist?
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    tkleager said:
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Wife brings boxes of them home from the hospital. Slightly used though!
    Does your wife work for the Proctologist?

I always wondered about his license plate.image

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• RRP
    Options
    six_egg said:

Thank you all. I went with these.

Gloves

If you look at the ones I get and what you just bought I say they are made by the same company. Only thing is I only paid $5 for 1 box!

• six_egg
    Options
    @RRP I got 2 boxes for $8.00 Free 2 day shipping. I felt it was a good deal. The link does not say it but the $7.99 was for 2 500 Ct boxes.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I get them from work.I pay $0.00 for them. That's probably the cheapest you're going to find them.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I'm with RRP on what I call the "subway gloves" for quick stuff...doctors gloves for trimming or cutting meat.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • RRP
    Options
    six_egg said:
    @RRP I got 2 boxes for $8.00 Free 2 day shipping. I felt it was a good deal. The link does not say it but the $7.99 was for 2 500 Ct boxes.

Yes that was a good price. I failed to mention they come as a 2 pack at SAMs as well but for $10 so you did better!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I just wash my hands. Gloves are a pain. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    I just got a few boxes at Shady Maple since they had my size. Just makes prep of different types of food easier, plus I'm not wasting as much water and paper towels washing my hands every two min.
  • six_egg
    Options
    +1 on henapple comment.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• cortguitarman
    Options
    I bought a 2 pack of nitrile gloves at Costco. Don't know how much I paid. It wasn't much. I love using gloves when I cook. I find that rubs don't stick to my hands with gloves on like they do without them.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    +2 on henapple. I wash my hands twice instead of 5 or 6 times to prep raw meat. I basically treat it like I am taking care of patients. That stuff was beat into me in nursing school.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    hapster said:

I just got a few boxes at Shady Maple since they had my size. Just makes prep of different types of food easier, plus I'm not wasting as much water and paper towels washing my hands every two min.

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • RRP
    Options
    There's a crude old saying that I think can be cleaned up here to explain why I use disposable food safe gloves...my "meat" knows where it has been before being handled, but it doesn't know where my hands have been! Get my drift?
  • six_egg
    Options
    Good point RRP. I hand them out when people want to help even if they have washed. In the end if your cooking it falls on you to make sure things are safe.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• RRP
    edited February 2014
    Options
    six_egg said:
    Good point RRP. I hand them out when people want to help even if they have washed. In the end if your cooking it falls on you to make sure things are safe.

BINGO!!! Though I teach cooking classes and may be over sensitive to this issue I am still very observant at Eggfests and sometimes I'm "just too full to eat more"...get my drift?
  • Little Steven
    Options
    RRP said:
    six_egg said:

BINGO!!! Though I teach cooking classes and may be over sensitive to this issue I am still very observant at Eggfests and sometimes I'm "just too full to eat more"...get my drift?
    Ron,

One time a couple of friends and I went fishing in VA. I had brought some marinated pork satay in my bag. Well the airline lost it and it showed up the next day in the hot afternoon. One of the guys and I ate it raw out of the marinade. The guy is a bit of a jerk and he sort of challenged me.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RRP
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Ron, 
    One time a couple of friends and I went fishing in VA. I had brought some marinated pork satay in my bag. Well the airline lost it and it showed up the next day in the hot afternoon. One of the guys and I ate it raw out of the marinade. The guy is a bit of a jerk and he sort of challenged me.
    OK Steve! Then you are a better man than I am. I give up! No way I am getting into a "I ate this or that and still am walking around to brag about it" contest! YOU WIN, Buddy!

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I just wash my hands. Gloves are a pain. :)
    +1. 

Did I mention I'm a gastroenterologist? :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Loves the gloves. Especially since I don't have a sink outside. I can wrestle raw meat onto the grill, rip off the gloves, and re-enter house clean handed. Also a necessity in handling super spicy things.
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius.