Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time doing ribs

Options
OK So I have my ribs on indirect at 250. I'm thinking the 3 2 1 method. 3 hours then wrap for 2 then unwrapped for another hour.  Any thoughts? Should my IT be about 195 when I'm done.

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Baby back ribs or spare ribs? Also, are to trying to achieve "fall off the bone" ribs? Or tender but stay on the bone ribs?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I find 3-2-1 to be too long for my liking. I am more around 4 hours total. I do wrap, but only for about 45 min - 1 hr. I sauce in the wrap and then I am done. There are lots of different ways to achieve great results on the egg. I just find that most cooks are quicker on my large than published on other type of cookers. The bend or toothpick test do not lie. Good luck, they will be great Im sure.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Less than 2 hours @ Turbo Ribs. image
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• jenericzac
    Options
    They are spareribs. Not trying to achieve fall of the bone, just a good tender bite.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    If you decide to wrap beware of the fall off the bone. I'm a former rib wrapper. Now I cook straight thru. Generally takes 4-5 hours. I sauce for the last 30 min or so but not necessary.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• jenericzac
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.  I'll post later today wit the results.