Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First time doing ribs

OK So I have my ribs on indirect at 250. I'm thinking the 3 2 1 method. 3 hours then wrap for 2 then unwrapped for another hour.  Any thoughts? Should my IT be about 195 when I'm done.

Comments

• grege345grege345 Posts: 3,488
    Baby back ribs or spare ribs? Also, are to trying to achieve "fall off the bone" ribs? Or tender but stay on the bone ribs?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 2,101
    I find 3-2-1 to be too long for my liking. I am more around 4 hours total. I do wrap, but only for about 45 min - 1 hr. I sauce in the wrap and then I am done. There are lots of different ways to achieve great results on the egg. I just find that most cooks are quicker on my large than published on other type of cookers. The bend or toothpick test do not lie. Good luck, they will be great Im sure.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Less than 2 hours @ Turbo Ribs. image
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• They are spareribs. Not trying to achieve fall of the bone, just a good tender bite.
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,488
    If you decide to wrap beware of the fall off the bone. I'm a former rib wrapper. Now I cook straight thru. Generally takes 4-5 hours. I sauce for the last 30 min or so but not necessary.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Thanks for the advice.  I'll post later today wit the results.