Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tequila , Rum , Wine and Burbon Barrel Chunks at Candain Tire !!

Just picked some up . They smell like booze !!
cant wait to use them .
I am doing Brisket for tomorrow and am going to use the Tequila Chunks .

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/search-results.html?searchByTerm=true&q=mac+lean's

they also have the Tobasco chips for 7 bucks which is half the price as OGBBQ

Toronto

Comments

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,775
    Great find!  BassPro has good price and assortment of smoking wood (mostly chips though) but I haven't been there lately. Seldom shop at OGBBQ after buying my first Large there.
    canuckland
  • pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Yeah they are good but quite expensive.
    Toronto
  • Off to Crappy Tire now...thanks

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Only 5 bags of tobasco barrel. I'll shoot over again tomorrow.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

the closest store near me is all out  ,
    i will go to the one at Lawrence and Dufferin as they apperently have 6
    Toronto
  • Thanks for the heads up, hopefully they are in the Wet Coast stores too. This time of year their BBQ section gets pretty thin.
  • Thanks for the heads up, hopefully they are in the Wet Coast stores too. This time of year their BBQ section gets pretty thin.
    They are all about spring/summer out this way now. All the snowblowers are gone and the lawn mowers out. They have Bradley puck smokers on sale too. Kamado Vision is $799.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• gmacgmac Posts: 572
    Wish I didn't hate that store as much as I do.
    Mt Elgin Ontario
    I burned some of the tequila barrel with this brikset I have going and it smells amazing .
    Toronto
    edited February 2014
    gmac said:
    Wish I didn't hate that store as much as I do.
    Haha you can avoid crappyt and settle for wally world, I noticed they carry the full size Akorn kooker $368, Akorn junior $198, look decent and well equipped.
    canuckland
  • gmacgmac Posts: 572
    Just one of many times they have pissed me off. I spent 45 minutes trying to buy a 3/4 inch socket once. Couldn't find anyone to open the case because they had to be locked away, finally got someone and they wouldn't give it to me, they had to carry it to the front, gave it to the cashier with the longest line. I went to a short line and told the cashier she could go get my item because I wasn't gonna wait any longer. She refused so I walked out, went to TSC, got my socket off the shelf and walked out in 3 mins. Customer service has always sucked in that store and I won't even bother with them. The items could be free and I wouldn't go in there.
    Mt Elgin Ontario
  • I asked this kid about the Bradleys that are on sale...."Are these all stainless?"  "Yes, it's on the picture"...."That's the inside" "Oh I don't know then"..." How much are they"..."I don't know" ...Do you work in this department?"..."Yes"...."Nevermind"

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I asked this kid about the Bradleys that are on sale...."Are these all stainless?"  "Yes, it's on the picture"...."That's the inside" "Oh I don't know then"..." How much are they"..."I don't know" ...Do you work in this department?"..."Yes"...."Nevermind"
    Pretty much typical.
  • @PantysPants, thanks for the heads up. Picked up the Tequila and Wine bags. Used the Tequila chunks tonight for wings. Smell was awesome. Will be using these on upcoming cooks.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,359
    edited February 2014
    @PantysPants, thanks for the heads up. Picked up the Tequila and Wine bags. Used the Tequila chunks tonight for wings. Smell was awesome. Will be using these on upcoming cooks.
    Man, get yourself back and get the Tobasco barrel chips! They are amazing. They are Jack Daniels barrels used twice for whiskey and ten times for tobasco.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

The Tobasco chips are easily the best chips. I am in the process of cleaning out every Canadian Tire in Toronto out them .
    Between me and Little Steven there may be 1 bag left in the east end ... maybe
    Toronto
  • I still have Brampton and Mississauga to get through. The dozen I got today was at one  of five stores in Brampton. I plan on nailing the rest of the Golden Horseshoe too.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

@Little Steven and @pantsypants  ummm I'm thinking tobasco smoked cheese.  can you drop off a couple of bags when you hit crappy tires in my neighbourhood? I'm under 'house arrest' 
    :D
    canuckland
  • @PantysPants, thanks for the heads up. Picked up the Tequila and Wine bags. Used the Tequila chunks tonight for wings. Smell was awesome. Will be using these on upcoming cooks.
    Man, get yourself back and get the Tobasco barrel chips! They are amazing. They are Jack Daniels barrels used twice for whiskey and ten times for tobasco.
    Is that a different brand all together?
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,803
    edited February 2014
    @LS you were right, our CT has transformed the store for spring, lots of BBQ's and supplies. Pallets of RO lump in both small and large bags.
    I have 10 big bags still, but will have to stock up for the fall.
    What's Golden Horseshoe?
    @Little Steven and @pantsypants  ummm I'm thinking tobasco smoked cheese.  can you drop off a couple of bags when you hit crappy tires in my neighbourhood? I'm under 'house arrest' 
    :D

No .

where do you live ? also your cheese Idea is brilliant  so maybe

Toronto
    edited February 2014
    Haha, just kidding about the drop off.  No way I'm going to tell and let you clean them out before I have a chance this afternoon! 
    edit: I'm in the city above Toronto!
    canuckland
    There is a city above Toronto ?
    Toronto
    Is that a different brand all together?
    Yes, they are made by Tobasco.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/tabasco-smoking-wood-chips-0853698p.html#

check the store inventory on this site. Its accurate and a great arguing tool for the dumb asses who work there and haven't put stuff on the shelves due to there incompetence.

They have the Jack Daniels chips as well but i think the Tabasco ones are way better as they were used by JD before being used to age  Tabasco .
    I never really soak chips except for these ones as when you do they smell like delicious whiskey
    Toronto
  • Sweet, thank you!
    edited February 2014
    http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/tabasco-smoking-wood-chips-0853698p.html#

check the store inventory on this site. Its accurate and a great arguing tool for the dumb asses who work there and haven't put stuff on the shelves due to there incompetence.

They have the Jack Daniels chips as well but i think the Tabasco ones are way better as they were used by JD before being used to age  Tabasco .
    I never really soak chips except for these ones as when you do they smell like delicious whiskey
    Just called the nearest CT, the guy said the computer says 12 but he sees only 6 on shelf, when I asked him to hold four bags for me, he goes ... 'well, no one looks for them this time of year" ... lol ... so why bother displaying/selling them now?  another example of why the name 'crappy tire' is well deserved, right @gmac?
    canuckland
    Oh wow an organized Canadian Tire ? thats unheard of .

The link I posted will tell you how many are on hand at the store you choose. I  find the less i need to talk to Canadian Tire Employees the better my life is
    Toronto
    Oooops, missed the inventory checker. Just checked a few in my neighbourhood, all show 12.  That must be their initial stock level.
    canuckland