Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Deep Dish Pizza night

EVOO in cast iron skillet. Spread dough, and added mozzarella on bottom, followed by Italian sausage, pepperoni, green peppers, mushrooms, black olives, sauce and another layer of mozzarella on top. Placed in BGE that was preheated to 425 on platesetter (legs down). Used small kiln posts as spacers under cast iron skillet. Rotated skillet every 10 minutes. Took off Egg at about the 30 minute mark. Good tasting pie.
image.jpg 2.2M
image.jpg 2.2M
·

Comments

• SGHSGH Posts: 12,397
    Brother that looks great!!! I got to learn to make pizza.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    ·
  • chashanschashans Posts: 418
    Very nice! About time I try to make a deep dish pizza.
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

·
  • That is an excellent looking deep disher!
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    ·
  • Beautiful cook
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • pretzelbpretzelb Posts: 153
    I need to try this. Couldn't you just put a grid on top of the plate setter instead of spacers ?
    XL egg owner, home brewer, jogger, coffee roaster, gamer 
    ·
  • Pretzel, that may work just as well as using spacers. I had legs down so that's why I used the spacers.
    ·