Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

quick brikset question

The brisket is in the stall which is fine.
My question is that the flat of the brisket is reading 187  and the point is 160.
Should I be concerned ?

also GO CANADA !!!!
Toronto

Comments

• If you end up separating the point, throw some beef stock in with the flat and whatever you get off the board.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    It seems that is too late for the point to catch up. Is the point toward the back?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Different but given brisket...Usually see the point running hotter than the flat due to higher fat content.  That's why the point rides to the finish-line with the flat and no worries about its temp.  You may want to check thermo position in the point.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • I'd cook the flat to 200 and if the point is still behind more than 10 degrees, I'd seperate, FTC the flat, and put the point back on until it hits 200. If the point is around 190 when the flat is done I'd FTC the whole thing and I bet you'd be good after about an hour.
    Houston, TX
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Yeah thanks guys ! I think we are good now ! Thanks
    Toronto