Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rockin the Paella

Options
Mattman3969
Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
edited February 2014 in EggHead Forum
First paella cook so I was a bit nervous. Followed the Naked Whiz recipe some what. I substituted sweat peas for the garbanzo beans,dice the garlic instead of leaving whole and totally skipped the green beans. Fire management was fairly easy following NW suggestion(I was concerned about fire getting to hot) Everything prepped and ready. Using the smalls mates as a work station image Chicken thighs gettin happy in the EVOO image Chicken removed and peppers and garlic gettin kinda cozy image Added the tomato image Then the rice for a quick sauté then the saffron infused chicken stock image And the final product. image I was very happy (and so was the wife) with the way this turned out, but I have to admit I was questioning myself right before I got started. A word of advice (Ian glad I listened to others here) is to be totally ready before you start cooking this. I had everything ready and still was intense but prolly cause it was my first time with this dish.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments