Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Rockin the Paella

Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 3,553
edited February 23 in EggHead Forum
First paella cook so I was a bit nervous. Followed the Naked Whiz recipe some what. I substituted sweat peas for the garbanzo beans,dice the garlic instead of leaving whole and totally skipped the green beans. Fire management was fairly easy following NW suggestion(I was concerned about fire getting to hot) Everything prepped and ready. Using the smalls mates as a work station image Chicken thighs gettin happy in the EVOO image Chicken removed and peppers and garlic gettin kinda cozy image Added the tomato image Then the rice for a quick sauté then the saffron infused chicken stock image And the final product. image I was very happy (and so was the wife) with the way this turned out, but I have to admit I was questioning myself right before I got started. A word of advice (Ian glad I listened to others here) is to be totally ready before you start cooking this. I had everything ready and still was intense but prolly cause it was my first time with this dish.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.

Comments