Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First shot at dry aged beef.

Just bought these 28day dry aged Ribeyes today and cooked them up for the wife and I at 575F on my CI grid. What you pros think??? Here's the before and after.
Demorest, Ga.    1MBGE

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Good to me. \:D/
    Seattle, WA
  • Really great looking grill marks!!!!
  • Looks Fantastic Congrats...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Good looking! How did they taste compared to normal rib eyes?
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • Awesome color and char. Nice job!
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Just bought these 28day dry aged Ribeyes today and cooked them up for the wife and I at 575F on my CI grid. What you pros think??? Here's the before and after.
    Good job! BTW once you get hooked on dry aged beef then "grocery store red" will never be the same to you! In case you didn't notice aged beef tends to cook faster so cooking to internal temperature is far more important than cooking to time!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    Looks really good.
    I was debating to stop at this meat market in the way home to try mg first dry age steak. I was curious if 28 days was long enough, that's how long they dry age. Little pricey but I'll buy one steak. $14 a pound.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    It's really a matter of personal tastes. For instance I prefer my New York strips to be at least 28 days though 35 days is better. Then for rib eyes it prefer at least 45 days though 60 days are great. When you are aging them yourself it is merely a matter of patience! You know...hurry up and wait! LOL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • If you really liked them start aging yourself. If you don't want to look at a bare primal cut of beef in the fridge talk to RRP. I'm starting some prime striploins this weekend.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Sir im not one of the pros but they look great to me.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP said:
    It's really a matter of personal tastes. For instance I prefer my New York strips to be at least 28 days though 35 days is better. Then for rib eyes it prefer at least 45 days though 60 days are great. When you are aging them yourself it is merely a matter of patience! You know...hurry up and wait! LOL

Little Steven said to talk to you if I wanted to start aging my own... I loved the taste compared to the tradition "grocery store red" and would love to experiment with aging my own to really get the full experience of preparing and cooking a really great steak. I didn't know that going longer than the usual 28 days would work but I suppose if 28 days is good then 45 days has to be excellent! Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated.

And thanks to everyone for all of the compliments!

Demorest, Ga.    1MBGE