Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nashville BBQ - Jack's

dldawes1
dldawes1 Posts: 2,208

Has anyone ate at Jack's and if so, do you know of a better BBQ place ? I will be in Nashville Monday-Wednesday next week and I love Jack's BBQ. If you think there is a better one...please let me know.

I'm also going to go to Rodizio Brazillian...I am addicted to the Brazillian style foods.

Thanks,

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

Comments

• I live in Nashville but have yet to try Jack's.  I've heard alot of mixed reviews about it.  I'm a big fan of Edley's.  There is one in 12 south and one in East Nashville.  They only do brisket at lunch and ribs at night, so plan accordingly.  They have also have a pretty stellar beer selection.

I haven't tried the Rodizio yet either.  There used to be a locally owned Brazillian place in Hillsboro Village that was very good.  I am not sure if it is still around though, it has been a few years since i've eaten there.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    http://www.texsworldfamousbbq.com/

Haven't been in a long time but his sampler was awesome. ..included smoked bologna.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Been to Jacks a few times.......It is okay and I am sure I will eat there again someday. I am a fan of Martin's BBQ in Nolensville. Get their smoked chicken sandwich with white sauce.
  • flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    +1 for Edley's in 12 south district

Not BBQ, but Bolton's Hot Chicken (spicy fried chicken) in Berry Hill is very good
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • Drive 90 miles south to Decatur, AL and go to Big Bob Gibson BBQ
  • dldawes1

Thanks to everyone.

I'll report back early next week. Now to figure out how to hit all of em in two days !!!!!!!!!

Thanks again,

Donnie

• I ate at Jacks the other day. The brisket was passable and the ribs were fall off the bone. I liked the variety of sauces. I think I will try Lexington BBQ today in Lexington, NC unless someone else has a better idea?
    Southern Indiana
  • fadax
    fadax Posts: 32
    I try Jack's (west trinity lane location) this summer and I love it ! Fausto Italy
    Milano-ITALY
  • Went to Edley's last week for lunch. Gooood brisket. Good sides but smail servings. I will go back.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • dldawes1

Thanks....I'll make a decision by lunch on Tuesday !!!!!