Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite beer while egging or otherwise

Mine would be Sublimely Self Righteous, Bourbon County Brand Stout, and Ruination IPA. What are all of your favorites?
middle of nowhere- G.I. NE

Comments

• Yikes. That's like what's your favorite song of all time. It changes fairly regularly. If I am goin ghoppy, I'd sayCigar City Jai Alai. If I am feeling malty, I'd say Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball.
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    They're all my favorite in a way, you can't really go wrong. I'm an IPA fan, there are many I love and a few I like and I love/like other craft and micro brews, too. For Christmas this year my wife got me a subscription to a beer of the month club and February's 4 flavors just arrived; Penn Dark and Penn Pilsner from Pennsylvania B.C., and Longfellow Winter Ale and Monkey Fist IPA from Shipyard B.C. Sam Adams makes some great stuff, too. It's all good, especially that first one! 
  • Two Hearted or my old trusty stand by....Miller lite
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • I like Anchor Steam but it's hard to find around here.
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Depends on whats in the fridge. Only craft beer. I don't pay for bottled water.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Bourbon. Or Home Brew.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Good People's Coffee Outmeal Stout, SweetWater 420, or Avandale IPAle.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Landshark, Sam Adams or any number of micro brews from the growler store up the road.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
     i enjoy alot of the microbrews,but for egging i like negra modelo, it just seems to go well with bbq. nothing to me seems better than some pulled pork sandwiches and a negra modelo in a frosted beer mug, its just simply a good combo. i might get something better for a dry aged porterhouse but for everyday bbq ill stick with a modello. same goes for wine, im happy to drink mateus while eating from the grill, no need to get an expesive bottle to pair with some pulled pork
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    I love most any beer, but if I had to pick one, it would have to be Shiner Bock.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Just restocked the fridge.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    YEMTrey said:
    Nice "Top-Shelf" selection. How's the Daisy Cutter and where's your Abrasive? Is Surly distributing in Ohio now?

One of my new favorites is Lagunitas SUCKS Brown Shugga Substitute. It's fantastic.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    minniemoh said:
    YEMTrey said:
    Nice "Top-Shelf" selection. How's the Daisy Cutter and where's your Abrasive? Is Surly distributing in Ohio now?

One of my new favorites is Lagunitas SUCKS Brown Shugga Substitute. It's fantastic.
    Just got back from a trip to Chicago. Very happy to see Surly cans available there now.  Have some Surly Cynic, Bender and Coffee Bender as well as a case of Zombie Dust to go with these as well.
    Unfortunately, Abrasive wasn't out/available when I was there last weekend or I would have backed the truck up on it.
    Had my first Lagunitas Sucks last night.  Cincinnati just got Lagunitas and Deschutes in the last couple of weeks.  Sucks is really good stuff.

Cheers!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Pretty impossible to answer. Some days I really want a Belgian Witte, others, a Baltic porter.

There are a couple I have a tendency to buy often. 3 Floyd's Robert the Bruce and Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold come to mind. Fair amount of Bell's 2 Hearted, Spaten Optimator, Unibroue Fin Du Monde.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    any of the lighter flavor types, not much for heavy beers.

and, the colder the better.....

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  •  i enjoy alot of the microbrews,but for egging i like negra modelo, it just seems to go well with bbq. nothing to me seems better than some pulled pork sandwiches and a negra modelo in a frosted beer mug, its just simply a good combo. i might get something better for a dry aged porterhouse but for everyday bbq ill stick with a modello. same goes for wine, im happy to drink mateus while eating from the grill, no need to get an expesive bottle to pair with some pulled pork
    What is Mateus?  I saw it on sale at the grocery store for $4.99 but was in a nonconventional bottle.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    its a portuguese rose, pink with a little fizz, was more common back in the 70's. world wide they probably sell more mateus than any other wine. for 4.99 its a bargain for the nonwine snobs. it pares well with food

:D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Ahh, Mateus, I don't believe I've had any of that since the 70s. Back then, it was an expensive wine for me and the missus. Used to keep a couple empty bottles in the window, just 'cause they were so classy.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • I've found very few beers that I don't enjoy but the two that seem to end up in my fridge more often than others are Green Flash Hop Head Red & Lagunitas Little Sumpin Sumpin.  Two growler stores have opened up on my side of town (one shares a parking lot with my favorite BBQ restaurant) recently which makes me extremely happy.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    edited February 2014
    I don't have a favorite, but I have a few go tp beers, Sierra Nevada pale is my favorite lawnmower beer, I have a case of Anderson valley winter solstice atm. I really like AV, great beer and great group of people.

• IPAs are by far my favorite, but when cooking they really hamper my ability to taste food.I switched to light lagers when I cook now. During dinner, Racer 5, Modus Hoperandi, Hop Stoopid would be my preferred choices.

Aurora,OH
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    3 Floyds Gumballhead . . . stuff is near impossible to find in Ohio - but thats all part of the attraction!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Local brews but they're small companies that only have draft. I take my growler to the cigar bar but wish it was bottled. Of course my faithful PBR....Woodford tonight.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Put me down for Gaelic Ale ( Those near Asheville,NC know). I also enjoy Blue Moon Rounder and any Michelob!
  • I don't know why this isn't imported in to the States but it is a brilliant brew.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• pigoutsc said:
    Put me down for Gaelic Ale ( Those near Asheville,NC know). 
    +1 for Gaelic Ale.  That is an exceptionally well crafted beer.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Bdubya
    Bdubya Posts: 35
    Good People Brewing Company in Alabama/Tennessee only. Coffee Oatmeal Stout and Snakehandler (Double IPA) are my personal favorites. Disclaimer - I have a personal interest in their success, BUT these beers are critically acclaimed in the beer world. Check Beer Advocate for verification www.beeradvocate.com
    Big City Brian Wright's debut album, "Honkytonkitis" is country to the core.  "It's real songs about real life the way country music was intended."  "Honkytonkitis" fill the shoes of country traditionalists while the rest of the genre strays barefoot."
    If you're looking for the familiar sound of country music that hard core fans remember, be sure to find a copy @ Big City Brian Wright's debut album, "Honkytonkitis" is country to the core.  "It's real songs about real life the way country music was intended."  "Honkytonkitis" fill the shoes of country traditionalists while the rest of the genre strays barefoot."
    If you're looking for the familiar sound of country music that hard core fans remember, be sure to find a copy @ www.bigcityrocks.com/store now!.

Pre-Sales AVAILABLE NOW on iTunes!

"HONKYTONKITIS" debuts 3/31/16
                         http://www.bigcityrocks.com/store

Thank y'all for listening,

Bdubya