Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The AR FREAKIN' ROCKS!!!!

Options
My contribution to the recent spate of copycat threads. :D

Anyways, a big shout out to @tjv. Placed my order late on the 12th, processed on the 13th, outside my front door before lunchtime on the 14th. Sweet! I know, it probably helped that I live in Houston, but still - that's practically overnight delivery for very reasonable shipping charges!

I bough the R & B combo with extender, sliding D grid, oval stone, oval rack, and a slide guide. I think I think I may want another oval rack and slide guide, but let me play around and see. 

First real cook was chicken - 10 skinless quarters, dusted with Oakridge Secret Weapon and Slap Ya Mama Hot. Indirect, with a water pan, extender and sliding D grid in place,  dome temp about 300°F, for about 1.5 hours, until the IT was 165°ish. I was amazed that the quarters cooked up pretty much all at the same time -   I had to leave one quarter on for about 20 mins longer but it was significantly larger than the other quarters. 

Chicken turned out beautiful. Super moist, no charring of pieces around the edge of the oval rack or the D grid. I could have squeezed in more quarters probably, but I only had 10 to cook last night. I wish I had bought the AR sooner, instead of meddling with foiled bricks and terracotta saucers, etc. I love the fact that you can lift the whole rig out in one piece load up the egg, light it, assemble the grids and meats on the rig, and just pop it back in. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments