Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What do you use to upload pics?

Options
I used to love photobucket, but lately the phone app  has been acting really goofy. It used to function much more smoothly. I thought I could use flickr, but that was a no-go.

Any other services that play well with the forum?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Still rolling photobucket. Desktop and Mobile App are working perfectly for me.

Try Imgur or ImageShack
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    Options
    You should write a email to photobucket and share the correspondence with us! :P
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Photobucket, though I have never tried to use it through my phone.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    I don't use any app or service on my PC...

I just take the images from any of my photo albums on my phone and bingo... on my pc I just go to the folder  that has the file I want and bingo

why does everyone use 3rd party services?
  • cazzy
    Options
    hapster said:

@Mickey told me I had to or I wouldn't be welcome at Salado.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    hapster said:

Says Mr Instagram... :D
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Photobucket on desktop. Never really works from my iPhone at home.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I upload to my Smugmug and link here. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    hapster said:
    I don't use any app or service on my PC...

I just take the images from any of my photo albums on my phone and bingo... on my pc I just go to the folder  that has the file I want and bingo

That's the way I do it too. I have a Flickr account, but never use it here.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Another vote for PhotoBucket. Pictures post full size and upright - not thumbnail shots laying on their sides!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options

+1 on HAPSTER and CAROLINA Q.....just attach file, go to pic and post.

But yesterday and today......nothing is working for me !!!!!!!!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @hapster - i take a lot of pics with my phone, but rarely start a thread  using it. I need a way to get the pics from my phone to my computer, and photobucket works well for that. Problem is that after a recent upgrade, photobucket's automatic upload function has not been working so well. I need a way to get pics from my phone to my computer. Sounds like I should check out instagram and smug mug.

• caliking
    Options
    @cazzy - different issue,  since photobucket is readily available :D

• Carolina Q
    Options

RRP said:
    Another vote for PhotoBucket. Pictures post full size and upright - not thumbnail shots laying on their sides!
    The sideways pics seem to be from phones, mine anyway. Maybe iPads too, not sure, but posting from a folder on my Mac works fine. You can insert the full size image and delete the thumb... which I wish more people would do.

If anyone knows how to post from an iPhone so that images are not rotated, please let us know too.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cazzy
    Options
    My fav thing about Photobucket is pictures load much faster. I've ran to heavy pic threads where the upload is used, and I lose patience with how long it takes for the vanilla servers to load the image.
  • Carolina Q
    edited February 2014
    Options
    iPhone pic test... First pic taken with phone rotated 90° counterclockwise, second pic with phone upright (camera lens at the top), third rotated 90* clockwise. Problem solved. As long as you remember to rotate your phone counterclockwise. :)

Still can't post full size images though, but at least the thumbs work.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• caliking
    Options
    So how are folks getting their pics from their phones to their desktops? That's what I'm trying to improve.  Before PB revamped their Android app,  it worked great.  Not so much now. 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    The only way I know to do it is via email.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    @CAROLINA Q....on Iphone.... go to camera roll, select picture, select edit, select rotate until it is where you want it, select save. This should work fine when posting afterward.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    On my mac I just drag it from the picture app
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • cazzy
    Options
    henapple said:

On my mac I just drag it from the picture app

I was shocked to see henapple's Mac when we visited for the Super Bowl.image
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    caliking said:
    So how are folks getting their pics from their phones to their desktops? That's what I'm trying to improve.  Before PB revamped their Android app,  it worked great.  Not so much now. 
    There is this app called "The USB cable that came with your phone". Wait. That isn't an app but works for me when I do batch downloads.

You could also sign up for a Cloud account and put them onto the cloud and then download to your computer. Google Drive would work.
  • caliking
    Options
    I want an "untethered" option.  USB cable downloads are so 2010.

I have about 50 GB of Skydrive space.  Maybe I can revisit that option if I can set  pics to automatically upload to  Skydrive from my phone. 

• Rebelst8
    Options
    Dropbox...PC, my phone, my Nexus 7, wife's phone, wife's iPad all point to the same folder. Any pic taken, gets backed up.
    Victor
    LBGE
    America's Best Coast - The Space Coast
  • caliking
    Options
    Dropbox worked well, but I ran out of space with all of my pics being uploaded. The auto upload feature for pictures is seamless.  I only use it for documents now. May have to think about the paid service to bump up my storage space. But yeah, its my favorite cloud storage service. 

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    caliking said:
    Dropbox worked well, but I ran out of space with all of my pics being uploaded. The auto upload feature for pictures is seamless.  I only use it for documents now. May have to think about the paid service to bump up my storage space. But yeah, its my favorite cloud storage service. 
    There is the "Wireless Transfer app" that I've been meaning to try since I got my wife her Time Capsule. Free in the Google store. It's free. I don't really want Cloud storage, just the ability to wirelessly transfer from one device to another.
  • Orthobear
    Options
    I also just upload from my iPhone pics. No apps or third party programs.
    Houston, TX
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    I to use the Wireless Transfer App. Works great.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• caliking
    Options
    @Eggcelsior - do you know the developer? Found a number of apps with a similar name,  but not exactly that one. 

• Eggcelsior
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Socusoft CO., LTD

www.wirelesstransferapp.com/