Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time with the wok

Options
Finally got around to seasoning the new wok tonight. Then I put some chicken, fresh veggies and a clear sauce over some rice. It was really tasty! The dome temp was about 600 but I pretty much left the lid open when the food was in there. It was fast!! It took about 8 minutes total!! I had everything prepped and ready to go. I forgot to snap a pic of the bowl so this is all that I have.
Have a great night everyone.
Chester, MD

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Nice looking to get a wok for the large already have one for the mini.
    Seattle, WA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Wokking and Paella still things I want to get setup for. Trying to decide which one first...

Looks really good.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Nice cook
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Good job. Are you open for a suggestion or two? From my own eggperience I have found a stable dome temperature of 400 works better for me and then to keep the fire from becoming a raging inferno during the open dome wok cook I always close my bottom vent entirely. You will have plenty of direct heat plus time for most any wok cook on the egg.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    I bought me one of those advertised on tv 'authentic hand hammered wok' about 20'ish years ago and I love it. Unfortunately, since I purchased a ceramic top stove, I no longer use it. What would I need to purchase to be able to successfully use it on my large bge?
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice! I love it when the colors of a dish are so vibrant.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Nice job on the wok!

@Hibby - you just need something to set the wok on. A spider or Woo3 works great: http://shop.ceramicgrillstore.com/

Or you can place a simple wok ring on your cooking grid. You can find a couple varieties here: http://wokshop.stores.yahoo.net/wokaccessories.html
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • DIAD
    DIAD Posts: 187
    Options
    I am always open to suggestions RRP!  Good call on the closed bottom vent.  I have a friend bringing me a welding sleeve this weekend because it got so hot on my arm.  I could use a longer wooden spatula too. 
    Hibby, I just used the Woo2 from CGS.  I also use the lump reducing ring but that is not necessary.

Thanks everyone for the comments.  I still love my egg like the day that I got it!
    Chester, MD
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Looks like a healthy and tasty meal. Gonna have to break out the wok this week after seeing that cook.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings