Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do your friends like your cooking?

Mine certainly do. Especially something really smoky off my egg.

Little Rock, AR

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited February 2014
    OMG...I'm ashamed I had a hand in this thread trend.    L-)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,830
    Yes. The best compliment I ever got was "if I ever have to have a planned "last meal" I want you to cook the appetizer."

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Mine do too!  I question all of the people that used the money they saved by not going to a restaurant as an offset to the expense of an EGG.  When I tell my wife I am planning on cooking a Boston Butt or Brisket or some chickens or some salmon or some kabob's or some steaks or some wings or some ribs or etc.....my wife often says why don't you make enough to have the "fill in the BLANK'S"  over?  Last weekend my wife and I were invited over for dinner to a friends house and they asked me to bring a cooked pork butt!  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • cazzy said:

Sorry. I thought it was funny.

Little Rock, AR

• cazzy
    edited February 2014
    It is until the 9th thread pops up titled "Does your dog like your cooking?"   :P
  • Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    edited February 2014
    Yes they do they are forever asking me to cook pulledpork,brisket make bacon or for that matter anything that comes off the Egg
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    edited February 2014
    I don't even know if most of my friends own pots or pans. They do own a microwave, toaster oven, and a George Foreman. So if it's something other then chicken, canned tuna, pizza, or Mac & Cheese (the usual) they never seem to mind. One of my friends will get an egg once he gets his own place. He grilled once outside on his patio and his neighbor called the fire department and said their apartment was on fire since he smelled smoke. Fire trucks show up with firefighters ready to ax down doors to find this fire. Only to find my friend grilling a couple burgers on his patio with his Smokey Joe. As my friend said, "I guess when you smell charcoal and burgers on a grill you better stop drop and roll!".
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • cazzy
    My friends love my cooking...they just don't love pitching in.

"Hey, are you cooking this weekend?" Ugh
  • So much so that I have several contemplating an egg purchase.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Yes, they also like my beer, wine, and liquor.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • cazzy said:
    It is until the 9th thread pops up titled "Does your dog like your cooking?"   :P

How about "Do YOU like your cooking?" Mind.Blown.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • I dont know whats worse: me srting this damn thread or folks taking it serious?

Little Rock, AR

• Especially when I pay for it
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Had to come up with some sort of system to keep my friends out. I fed a few and they keep coming back like cats.image

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    "Friends"??   :(

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Somebody I have never met, was given some of my garlic wings by someone I've never met, who got them from The Spouse (who I do know), and is now offering money for me to do a few hundred for their wedding reception.  So I guess my friends do like mine.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Foghorn
    Somebody I have never met, was given some of my garlic wings by someone I've never met, who got them from The Spouse (who I do know), and is now offering money for me to do a few hundred for their wedding reception.  So I guess my friends do like mine.
    Please try to keep this straight.  That comment belongs on the "Do people you've never met like your cooking?" thread.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn said:
    Somebody I have never met, was given some of my garlic wings by someone I've never met, who got them from The Spouse (who I do know), and is now offering money for me to do a few hundred for their wedding reception.  So I guess my friends do like mine.
    Please try to keep this straight.  That comment belongs on the "Do people you've never met like your cooking?" thread.
    Well played.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Foghorn
    Foghorn said:
    Well played.

I'm here all week.  Please tip the waitstaff.

San Antonio, TX

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Friends like my cooking?

It's the only reason they'll tolorate my excessive drinking, cigars, and cussin'
  • I don't have any friends, just you all :(
    Large, small, and a mini
  • cazzy
    edited February 2014

I don't have any friends, just you all :(

You just put the ball on the tee but I'm going to resist the temptation and go to bed. :P
  • Would your friends ever tell you if they didn't like your cooking? Mine would, but they can be a$$holes. That's why I like em.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    cazzy said:
    My friends love my cooking...they just don't love pitching in. "Hey, are you cooking this weekend?" Ugh
    The easiest way to fix this is to tell them; "only if you bring the booze".

Most of my friends enjoy my cooking.  I have one good buddy who usually returns the favor by cooking on is Traeger.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• cazzy said:
    I don't have any friends, just you all :(
    You just put the ball on the tee but I'm going to resist the temptation and go to bed. :P
    Ok now you have had a good sleep and are all rested, let er rip, i can take it. 
    Large, small, and a mini