Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is Travis' brisket hot?

Options
krobertsmsn
krobertsmsn Posts: 655
edited February 2014 in EggHead Forum
...meaning spicy hot. It calls for the hot and spicy Allegro marinade. I have the regular in my cabinet. If the meat does not end up hot/spicy in the end and makes a difference, I will get the one he calls for. If it does, I'll use the regular.
LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
Rome, GA

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I have never made Travis Brisket but I have used the Allegro in question. I say it is warm but not fire ball hot at all. I think you will be fine using it. Travis usually gives real good advice.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    341,000 views! Even Travis would admit his brisket is hot!! :D
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • EggSpinner
    Options
    Did a flat using the Travis method last weekend and it turned out great!  I wondered the same thing about the heat of the Allegro hot and spicy as swmbo is very heat intolerant. I opted to go half and half with regular and hot and spicy allegro and while the braising liquid still had to much heat for her the brisket did not. fwiw
    Michael 

Winston Salem, NC

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    edited February 2014
    Options

Travis's au jus is very hot.
    NOLA