Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ash Pan use for BGE Table

Options
wrobs
wrobs Posts: 109
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
PICT0079.jpg
<p />I was asked by Hugh Jass how I emptied ashes with egg on a table so I decided to show a pic of my ash pan. Here is a side view of the pan... I haven't decided if I want to put a handle on it or not...[p]PICT0076.jpg[p]This is a pic of it in use... I know its kinda crude but it works...[p]wrobs

Comments

• Senor Huevos
    Options
    Very Nice, I am currently working on my table and was wondering how I was going empty the ashes without getting them all over the lower shelf. I would gladly pay you for time and materials if you would make me an ash pan.

Let me know :)
  • SCalHotRod
    Options
    Hmmm... this give me an idea for putting sides on my Lawn Ranger ash catcher...

Thanks!

Chris
    Santa Clara, CA
    I am the co-founder of the San Francisco Bay Area Eggfest and I operate the Fred Tri-tip roast Facebook page for Schaub's Meat Market.
  • Lazydogsaloon
    Options
    wrobs,[p]Nice work but I find a 2 gallon shop vac works great as long as you clean the filter.[p]
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    IMG_0585.jpg
    <p />wrobs, yours is obviously welded and well made. Here's mine I made with a piece of aluminum flashing, a couple pop-rivets and a dowel for a handle. [p]
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • guavawood
    Options
    4509677706.jpg
    <p />Lazydogsaloon, [p]hehe! I use a shop vac too. My big one from work. I do it just before my next cook. Don't want a fire in the shop-vac.[p]Since your last visit to the farm, the pig snaring folks have given up on our property. The state conservation enforcement started to patrol the area too thanks to my request. I have planted 20 more taro plants and made a 3 foot fence of wire to keep the wild pigs out.[p]Let me know when you have to go back to camp Smith.[p]Aloha![p]Greg Kemp[p]