Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket go LOOOONNNNGGGGG time.

Options
So I put the 7lb brisket on about 4 hours late. 240 grill temp with Guru. I'm blaming a teething baby for keeping me up all night. I got it on around 9 am. It is now midnight and the temp of the meat is 190. I have nobody left awake to eat this thing when it will be done. Whenever that will be. This is my first go at the brisket by the way. I really didn't think it would take this long but it actually looks pretty good at this point and probing it is feeling like it should. The problem is that it's past midnight, I'm tired and I have nobody up to eat this MASTERPIECE OF GLORIOUS! My question is this. How the hell do I save this thing so it's good tomorrow for dinner? Thank You

Comments

• Deluca
    Deluca Posts: 148
    Options
    This was 4hours ago
  • Deluca
    Options
    Here's what I came up with... Brisket for breakfast. I'll report back later.
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    You'll need to refrigerate the beast, hanging out until dinner is around 18 hours (Assuming US time zones).  If you do slice some, keep them tightly packed so they don't dry out.  Wrap tightly so it doesn't dry out in general.

It's blasphemy, but I've microwaved some pretty good leftover brisket. I do individual portions, I don't go more than 30 secs at a time, and let it sit for 30 secs between zaps.  Only need to get it warm, not hot.

I say you've got a nice eggs'n'brisket sammy for breakfast coming, and one heluva lunch.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Looks like you nailed it! Now you just have to work on your start time!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    That is insane, I have cook whole 12lb packers in that amount of time! But, like they say every piece of meat is different. Hopefully it is good, it is kinda cool that you can pull a brisket off the egg and eat it for breakfast, I bet not too many people can say they have done that! let us know how it turns out
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Foodsaver it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Deluca
    Options
    When I pulled it off it looked and felt like it was supposed to. I put it in the cooler and went to bed. It wasn't so soft when I got back up which was 5 hours later to try it. It's not so good. Now off to the posts about how to make chili or whatever with a brisket. That was 13 hours at 240 for 7 lbs. at least I learned that part! And that my CyberQ works pretty well. End result: It's a brick now, nobody ate it, and I enjoyed the hell out of doing it!
  • Deluca
    Options
    Whoops 16 hours