Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

What cut of beef is this?

I bought this a few months ago, seem to recall buying it as a tri-tip, but I do not think it looks like one.  Weight 2 lbs. I'm thinking of thawing and egging tomorrow, but want to know what I am dealing with
XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
Rochester, NY

Comments

• buzd504buzd504 Posts: 2,272
    That looks like veal.
    NOLA
  • CookinbobCookinbob Posts: 1,688
    Oops
    Rochester, NY
    I guess I stumped the forum.  165 views and no answers!
    Rochester, NY
  • It's kind of hard to tell with the packsging on it. Is it a single roast or is it a long piece folded over.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The first picture looks like it has a fat cap on it, the second one looks like a chuck roast. Hard to say without thawing and removing from bag
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    It is  a single roast, and yes it does have a fat cap on the one side.  Definitely not a chuck.  It is 2" thick including the fat cap
    Rochester, NY
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 5,306
    Picanha?

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• It looks a bit like sirloin tip. Could be tri-tip but it does't have the wing shape. Could be the way it was frozen.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cazzycazzy Posts: 9,030
    Looks like a brain. Deep fry it!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 476
    Who cares, the egg knows what it is, just throw it on!
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia