Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

This 'xperiment going to Salado

We love doing take offs of St Louis pork steaks and we came up with this variation:
The dried spices
imageThe fresh ingredients were: 2.5 pound pork shoulder cut into 1.5 inch steaks, 4-guajillos, 2-New Mexico Red, 4-Anchos, 1/2 head garlic, mushrooms, whole onion 2 carrots, two potatoes and 2 pints Modolo beer. Made the traditional paste with the chills added the powders and marinated pork for several hours.
Browned on the large before putting in pan, cover with beer and tightly covered with foil and cooked for about 2.5 hours until fork tender. Served with slaw marinated in sweet wine vinegar. The fresh ingredients were: 2.5 pound pork shoulder cut into 1.5 inch steaks, 4-guajillos, 2-New Mexico Red, 4-Anchos, 1/2 head garlic, mushrooms, whole onion 2 carrots, two potatoes and 2 pints Modolo beer. Made the traditional paste with the chills added the powders and marinated pork for several hours.
Browned on the large before putting in pan, cover with beer and tightly covered with foil and cooked for about 2.5 hours until fork tender. 
Served with slaw marinated in sweet wine vinegar. 

Plated

Will be serving this as pulled pork in corn tortilla topped with slaw and veggies with chipolte crema on the side. 

This would also work will with chicken....The next 'experiment.

Large, small and mini SW Austin

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,640
    I guess I'm not going now. I'd be embarrassed to be under the pavilion with you. Maybe I'll help set the eggs up and go wash mickey's truck.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • You better be coming, Sir.  Who will teach Mickey how to wash a truck  :-))
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,251
    They don't stay like this? Crap, I don't have peoples anymore. Oh well, toss the keys to Linda. image
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• cazzycazzy Posts: 8,899
    edited February 2014
    I need my Explorer washed too henapple! Between putting together all the eggs, washing my dishes, and detailing all 3 of our vehicles...there are plenty of reasons for you to attend.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,251
    @henapple is like peoples, isn't he?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• calikingcaliking Posts: 9,156
    Everyone get in line behind me... I call first dibs on this one.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,899
    Oh, I also need you to get me a table and a egg. You can't cook on it, but that's only because you'll be busy prepping for my cook. When it's time to serve, I'll send you to the car wash so you don't get any credit!! ;)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Mickey said:
    They don't stay like this? Crap, I don't have peoples anymore. Oh well, toss the keys to Linda. image

That will go over like a lead ballon :-)
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 13,476
    Mickey said:

That will go over like a lead ballon :-)
    Almost Keith Moon. So meta.