Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Foodsaver Pulled Pork. 2/27/13

Dug in freezer and found a lb of PP. Still good? Believe it had the vinegar sauce on it when I froze. Site says beef and poultry 2-3yrs so assume pork oat for 11months
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

• RRPRRP Posts: 16,771
    Sure it is good! I have had some that was over 3 years old and packed tight in FS bags.
    Dunlap, IL
  • You are good. Frozen stuff will last many years if it's properly sealed.

Caledon, ON

• I'd eat it.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,942
    It will be safe to eat. Flavor might not be as good as fresh, but then, reheated pp never is anyway. At worst, it will be a mediocre meal. Likely better than that though. 

If you’re afraid of butter, use cream.    Julia Child

Central Connecticut 

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,947
    You'll die a slow death. I'll come get it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,925
    Be sure when you reheat it you drizzle on some Original Coke.

Lightly sprinkle it over the pork once it's thawed and separated. I oven heat it at about 200 covered.
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,200
    edited February 2014

I recently found some 13 month old pulled pork, no sauce on it though.

Blues Hog took care of that.

Tasted as good as any PP I vac sealed and froze.

• If you don't want to take the risk, feel free to send it my way!
  • Pork fat, actually all fat never freezes. It will turn rancid. I've had a foodsaver for 15 years. I love it, but I personally don't like stuff past about six months. Bacon and ducks are the worst. Chili and gumbo last a lot longer. Not really my opinion as much as I know guy with Tyson who told me about the subject and I believe it.