Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Beef Jerky

I finally have a weekend with no kid events so I wanted to try something that's been on my list forever. My try at Beef Jerky. I bought just over 3# of Eye if around and my butcher sliced it at 1/4" for me with the slicer. I then cut it up into strips and created this pile o'meat.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I had three different flavors of HI-Mountain Jerky seasoning so decided to do some of each. I am using the Original, Teriyaki, and Inferno. Here is the Teriyaki after I first put on the seasoning before sitting overnight.

I split up the flavors onto three separate grids with spacers in between. I lit a small fire and hooked up my DigiQ to try and keep temp at 185. The controller seems to let it hold that temp pretty easily. Here is the meat when it first went on.

And two hours in

Can't wait to taste it.
Clarendon Hills, IL

Comments