Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Stuffed Burgers

Decided to give stuffed burgers a try tonight. Sorry no pics - they were gone before I knew it!

Mixed 80/20 angus beef with an egg, chopped onion, jalapeno, pepperoni, and green bell pepper. Mixed in some shredded pepperjack cheese and formed into 1/4lb patties. 

Topped the patties with Dizzy Pig's Cowlick seasoning and grilled at 550 with a raised cast iron grid until finished. I don't know that I'll ever make a plain burger again!
Large & Mini, Cumming, GA  
image - 2009 Alumni
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 12,849
    You know the rules.... >:)
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Plain burgers are boring after stuffing one. Most of my daughters freinds wont eat a regular burger after they have had one here. Try making a pocket out of a boneless chicken breast. Put in a dill pickle slice, chopped tomatoes, and feta cheese. Grill at 375 until done. You can put them in a rib rack with the cut facing up so the cheese doesn't melt out.
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
    ·
  • fence0407fence0407 Posts: 1,038
    @sstripes96 that sounds like it'd be a great piece of chicken. I'll have to give that a shot soon thanks.

The stuffed burgers were a hit and I plan on doing them again. Might find some more things to stuff in them.
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
  • Philly35Philly35 Posts: 514
    I am saving that chicken sandwich comment. That's sounds great!
    NW IOWA
    ·
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 420
    Do you use that new "as seen on tv" burger stuffing tool or just do it with your hands?
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
    ·
    edited February 2014
    @Hibby....just used my hands to make the patties. Nothin fancy. Put everything into a mixing bowl.
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
  • I thought stuffed burgers meant there's a blob of something special in the middle. Isn't your burger more like a meatloaf mixture, all uniform?
    Judy in San Diego
    ·
    Judy - I guess mine is more of a mix, correct. Either way I think all of my burgers from now on will have some sort of mixture/stuffing!
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·