Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My Rib Roast

I've had and cooked on Kamados for over 30yrs. Back in the old days, before there were platesetters, this is the best way I found to cook rib roast. It's still my favorite way to cook it. No need for reverse sear with this method. I cook it ribs on (not cut off and tied back) and fat cap left on. I cook it ribs up fat cap down and don't turn it. I rub it with granulated garlic, fresh ground black pepper and Lawry's seasoned salt.  I cook it at 250 to 275 until internal temp at 130 to 135 with a reading near the bone.imageimageimageimageimage
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
·

Comments

• SGHSGH Posts: 12,664
    Looks fantastic my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 767
    @SGH  Thanks man        
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,990
    Nice
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Yum!
    NW Iowa
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 767

@henapple and @Brisket_Fanatic 

Thanks for the compliments

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,315
    Awesome! ^:)^

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • SGHSGH Posts: 12,664
    I have had good luck cooking them raised direct on my vertical with the baffle plate removed. Havent tried it on the egg yet but am going to now. Thanks for posting. Hope it tasted as good as it looked!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    ·
  • That's a great looking roast!
    ·