Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggfest in April

Options
There will be an Eggfest at the Kitchen Shoppe in Carlisle, PA in April. @TJCooley I've attached a picture of the info. I'm planning on volunteering to cook.
Mark Annville, PA

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Thanks for posting, close enough I'll probably drop by.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    edited February 2014
    Options
    interesting, may be I'm missing something here, free for tasters but cooks pay $20 to help the dealer celebrate his 40th anniversary?  @-)

perhaps the $20 is for the egging 101 eggducation dealer is providing?
    canuckland
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    @Canugghead, I saw that. I'll have to call for more details. It does, however, say that he will provide the food. I've never been to or cooked at an Eggfest, but it is my understanding that the cooks usually have to supply the food. I'd pay way more than $20 to feed a hungry crowd. I'll post more details as I find out more information.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Eggfests have a different business model in my neck of the woods, for example, at Niagara fest last year...
    Cooks brought own food (way over $20 of course) and admitted 'free', the dealer 'thanked' them with $150 gift certificates to spend on eggcessories on site, BUT the big difference is each taster was charged $45 (I think).
    canuckland
  • cortguitarman
    Options

Eggfests have a different business model in my neck of the woods, for example, at Niagara fest last year...

Cooks brought own food (way over $20 of course) and admitted 'free', the dealer 'thanked' them with $150 gift certificates to spend on eggcessories on site, BUT the big difference is each taster was charged $45 (I think).
    Like I said, I'll have to find more details. I have never been to an Eggfest so I'm just not sure.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Definitely on my calendar. I'll have to look in to cooking. Thanks @cortguitarman