Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New to forum

SGHSGH Posts: 11,474
New to forum.Just wanted to hello. I have got alot of great recipes and advice from yall.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
·

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,499
    Welcome aboard. Where are you?
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • SGHSGH Posts: 11,474
    Biloxi Mississippi

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    ·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 479
    Welcome, the first step to recovery and really good BBQ is to take an active part in the discussion. How long have you been Eggin'?
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
    2 years on the egg. 30 on a stick burner

Status- Standing by.

·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 479
    Awesome! There is a lot of really great advice on this forum toss out your questions and remember no photos = it didn't happen.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
  • Welcome to the addiction.
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,252
    SGH said:

2 years on the egg. 30 on a stick burner

Share your advice. ..seems like you've cooked for a while. Welcome
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    Yes sir I have cooked most of my life. Only had my egg about 2 years. It took some getting use to after only cooking on a off set with wood. I will post pics when i figure out how. Im not to computer savy. Thanks for all the the kind words.

Status- Standing by.

·
  • Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to hearing about the grilling you have done. Please post some pics once you get it figured out..
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,818
    Welcome neighbor. Just hold on to a very crazy ride.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,779
    Welcome aboard - degree of Kool-Aid consumption a matter of personal choice.  Enjoy the journey.
    Louisville
    ·
  • AcornAcorn Posts: 139
    Glad to have you-this is the place for ALL egg cooking questions/ideas.........these members will even help with any issues!?!

Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,309
    Welcome aboard!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • Welcome aboard! Always room for one more on this highway to ????? We are never sure where exactly.
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • wrx_02wrx_02 Posts: 16
    I am new to the forum. I had the confirmation email but can not figure out how to make a new thread? 

I have had my egg for a little over a year and wanted to get better at using it. 
    Besides the Egg I race motorcycles and try to train my German Shepherd. 
    I hope to learn a lot around here as soon as I can figure out how this forum works. 
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,481
    @wrx_02 - there's a big green button that says "New Discussion" on the top right under the search box.  Click on that, and welcome to the forum!

·
    @wrx_02
    Welcome aboard. Brother it just takes time and messing with it. I still get stumped and have to ask for help with some of the features. There is a icon at the very top right of the screen that you click to start a new thread. It kind of looks like a envelope with a pointer attached. Hit and see what happens. Good luck and welcome aboard.

Status- Standing by.

·
  • wrx_02wrx_02 Posts: 16
    @nolaegghead Thanks I have been combing the forum for Brisket help and needed some clarification. I was trying to look under the different sections to make a post. I'm just use to other forums, I'll figure it out. 
    ·
  • I've found the best way to search this place is just go to google and type in what you're searching for followed by egghead forum. (I.e. "turbo brisket egghead forum").
    ·
    @Biggreenpharmacist
    That's a good idea. Didn't know you could do it that way. Thanks for sharing that.

Status- Standing by.

·
    That's how I do it.  The google search engine is heuristic, and the forum function is a simple text based search.

·
  • That's how I do it.  The google search engine is heuristic, and the forum function is a simple text based search.

Yeah yeah, what you said. Whatever the hell heuristic means.
    ·
    I make up long words all the time and use them in posts.  I have no idea what they mean.  No one ever calls me out on it.

·
  • How do you direct a post to a certain member without quoting their entire post? Do you just have to type "@" and then their name or is there something to click?
    ·
    edited June 2014
    @nolaegghead
    I wish you would stop using those long words. You run me to death trying to look them up in the dictionary!!

Status- Standing by.

·
  • I know some big long drug names, but unless somebody really screws up their cooking I dont have any way to show off my talents.
    ·
    edited June 2014
    @Biggreenpharmacist
    Yes. Just hit @ then their user name.

Status- Standing by.

·
  • @SGH
    Thanks!
    ·
    @Biggreenpharmacist
    No problem my friend.

Status- Standing by.

·
    Having perpetual insomnia, I read a lot of books and learn a lot of words.  Being dyslexic, I'm constantly confused by them.

·