Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini vs smalll

Options
2»

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited February 2014
    Options
    6'4 230 here the mini is heavy to me when I move it from one place in the back to another.
    For guys moving the small around I say

=D>

Yes I know u can remove the guts and its lighter. But its pretty heavy and awkward weight to carry.
    For the large I don't know how guys are getting I into tables. It kicked my a&& getting it to its place from egg fest.
    Seattle, WA
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    @Mickey you're a braver man than I deep frying on an egg!!  It looks great though.......carry on.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    BOWHUNR said:
    @Mickey you're a braver man than I deep frying on an egg!!  It looks great though.......carry on.

Mike
    I have no problem doing the Mini. Not about to do Large like this guy. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Well I wouldn't throw my small on my shoulder and go mountain climbing, but I have no issues picking it up from its nest and sitting in the backseat guts and all. (And I'm well aware I just jinxed myself and will soon show ya'll pics of my broken egg that I dropped)

Little Rock, AR

• plumbfir01
    Options
    so i called around and went to see the small and mini again today.. the best prices locally are 385 for mini  and 505 for small does anyone in the coastal ga sc fl region know of any better prices? i mean i really really dont like the dealer. He is an **** so i drove 30miles  past his place to get my large when i bought it.. Im thinking the mini is the way im going. I have my pops talked into the small. So i am even considering going to ga mountain eggfest and buying demos.... I spoke to my local in person today and he said that buying two together would be the same... no discount, no accessory discounts or anything and he felt insulted that I even asked... Oh well. 
    Beaufort, SC
  • plumbfir01
    Options
    oh and when i got my large...i paid more for it and drove further...still worth it not to buy from my dealer here.

Beaufort, SC
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options

so i called around and went to see the small and mini again today.. the best prices locally are 385 for mini  and 505 for small does anyone in the coastal ga sc fl region know of any better prices? i mean i really really dont like the dealer. He is an **** so i drove 30miles  past his place to get my large when i bought it.. Im thinking the mini is the way im going. I have my pops talked into the small. So i am even considering going to ga mountain eggfest and buying demos.... I spoke to my local in person today and he said that buying two together would be the same... no discount, no accessory discounts or anything and he felt insulted that I even asked... Oh well. 

Why on earth would he be insulted you asked? Sounds like an awesome salesman.

Little Rock, AR

• Grader07
    Grader07 Posts: 264
    Options
    I just checked out the mini here in md. $444 includes pretty much all you need to get started minus platesetter Small was around $800
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Dealer here did the same I just waited and bought my large from an egg fest. I would have gladly gave him $100 or so more but he would not budge even after I paid $400 for a mini.
    I don't bother buying their over prices lump either.
    Seattle, WA
  • Mickey
    Options
    One more time: 4 FREE Minis @ Salado EggFest. Or buy with the nest for $299 Mini
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    Anyone regularly drag a medium around away from home? I've been thinking of a second egg to tailgate at baseball tourneys and the occasional work bbq...and a good complement to my XL for smaller cook days.
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • Grader07
    Grader07 Posts: 264
    Options
    Mickey said:

One more time: 4 FREE Minis @ Salado EggFest.
    Or buy with the nest for $299 Mini

Wish i was closer Mickey. Id grab one for sure
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    3 different places by me range in price from 550$-570$ for small. Minis are around 400$. Oh and that includes nothing
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• plumbfir01
    Options
    The whole experience was just odd... I walked in and said i wanted to look at a mini and a small.. He repetedly stated i didnt want either...I want a Large he says.....over and over... once he finally quit talking, I told him i didnt want a large because I already owned
    Beaufort, SC
  • Mickey
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The whole experience was just odd... I walked in and said i wanted to look at a mini and a small.. He repetedly stated i didnt want either...I want a Large he says.....over and over... once he finally quit talking, I told him i didnt want a large because I already owned

There are some very dumb salespeople out there. I have employed my share. It could have been worse, could have been talking to your wife and told her to bring back her husband or dad.