Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great Game

Options
Russians looking scary good though.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• BuckeyeBob
    Options
    They outplayed the US for most of the game but Quick came up big in goal. Finally something exciting in the Olympics this year. I usually love to watch them but can't seem to get into it this time. NBC coverage has been terrible here in the states.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Can you get CBC? That's where I watched it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BuckeyeBob
    Options
    I wish I could. When I used to live in Detroit, I alway/a watched the Olympics with the Canadian coverage. Much better in my opinion.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • golfandgrill
    Options
    God that game was awesome. TJ Sochi. Reppin' UND today. Can't wait for the medal round.
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Gotta love my hometown bada$$ datsyuk running the only show the Russians had.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• dimitrios713
    Options
    I would have to agree, the game was awesome!!!  Love the way people join together cheer for Team USA.  In no time at all we all will be supporting our favorite NHL teams.  For now Go Team USA (but in a few weeks Go Flyers!!!!)

Coral Springs, Florida- Dimitrious

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The Russians are quite scary on offense. There PP has the some of the scariest shooters from each NHL team they represent. Game should have been 4-2 had Quick not bumped the goal off mooring or Ovechkin's 2 pipe shots been an inch down or left.

@Buckeyebob, what's wrong with coverage? Don't feel like getting up in the middle of the night to watch live? ;)

Try the Live Extra app on your phone. It's great for live coverage and full replays.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    The Russians are quite scary on offense. There PP has the some of the scariest shooters from each NHL team they represent. Game should have been 4-2 had Quick not bumped the goal off mooring or Ovechkin's 2 pipe shots been an inch down or left. @Buckeyebob, what's wrong with coverage? Don't feel like getting up in the middle of the night to watch live? ;) Try the Live Extra app on your phone. It's great for live coverage and full replays.
    I thought the US was more disciplined. Phil the thrill should have potted at leas one but couldn't find his stick. JVR had several chances too. If I had to pick who the Canucks face in the final (if they get there) it would be the Russians for sure. Kane and Oshie weren't no slouches either

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• golfandgrill
    Options
    "An inch the other direction though and it's way off" - Charlie Conway, district 5
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    The only thing that matters is the final score. ..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    "An inch the other direction though and it's way off" - Charlie Conway, district 5
    Or as we say in Canada.....it didn't go in.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• golfandgrill
    Options

Or as we say in Canada.....it didn't go in.

Do you think Quebec will get a shot at another team? Seattle seems pretty serious about wanting one
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • ShadowNick
    Options

The Russians are quite scary on offense. There PP has the some of the scariest shooters from each NHL team they represent. Game should have been 4-2 had Quick not bumped the goal off mooring or Ovechkin's 2 pipe shots been an inch down or left.

@Buckeyebob, what's wrong with coverage? Don't feel like getting up in the middle of the night to watch live? ;)

Try the Live Extra app on your phone. It's great for live coverage and full replays.

I thought the US was more disciplined. Phil the thrill should have potted at leas one but couldn't find his stick. JVR had several chances too. If I had to pick who the Canucks face in the final (if they get there) it would be the Russians for sure. Kane and Oshie weren't no slouches either

Kane was good, but probably cause he is on his best behavior.

In Russia, cab driver beats you.
    Pentwater, MI
  • Little Steven
    Options
    We have the dream team with the exception of Stamkos. All superstars, they haven't gelled really well. See how they do with the pesky Fins tomorrow.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• golfandgrill
    Options

We have the dream team with the exception of Stamkos. All superstars, they haven't gelled really well. See how they do with the pesky Fins tomorrow.

I was really surprised the picked st.louis over giroux. Guess that's what happens when the GM has him on his team.

If the players who didn't make Canada formed a team they could win silver.

Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Although I'm happy with the outcome, I've said it before and I'll say it again.  A shootout is no way to decide the winner in any sport!!  LET THEM PLAY IT OUT!!!!

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Trouble with superstars is they are used to being superstars. They are playing half their minutes on this squad. US picked by line, shooters, grinders, shut down etc. They know their roles better.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• shadowcaster
    Options
    CBC is the only way to watch Hockey. Did anyone catch the Don Cherry interview with him talking about Mississauga and downtown Sochi? Priceless
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options

Trouble with superstars is they are used to being superstars. They are playing half their minutes on this squad. US picked by line, shooters, grinders, shut down etc. They know their roles better.

That's why I fear the Russians. Despite the star quality, they looked really good and seamless together. No one was forcing anything. I thought the game was over when he had the puck between the circles halfway through OT. He doesn't miss those.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Screw em. They aren't that good!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    BOWHUNR said:
    Although I'm happy with the outcome, I've said it before and I'll say it again.  A shootout is no way to decide the winner in any sport!!  LET THEM PLAY IT OUT!!!!

Mike
    Ya mon!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    You guys will like this one.  One of the reporters asked Oshie what it felt like to be a hero:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eggcelsior
    Options

Screw em. They aren't that good!

We will see. Estados Unidos should win the group. I'm guessing Canada or Sweden will be #1or 2 with the US and Russia as the next 2 seeds in the quarters.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    So we shall

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    There is not enough hockey talk on this foru. Too bad playoffs aren't until forever away.
  • shadowcaster
    Options

You guys will like this one.  One of the reporters asked Oshie what it felt like to be a hero:

I saw that. That is true class and shows that he realizes he is playing a game. Got to love hockey players.

Pure Michigan
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    One question for the true hockey fans? Does watching the Olympics make you miss hockey the way it used to be. Full size crease, no trapezoid, smaller net? Playing hockey the way it was meant to be. Maybe that's just me but I love it.
    Pure Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Options
    They are wearing full length pads too aren't they?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Well Slovenia's pretty good, eh?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    The thrill sure made up for it today, eh?