Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small egg owners with a CGS woo

Does anyone know if the small platesetter fits with the small CGS woo? Ever since getting the R & B adjustable rig from CGS, I've been having an itch to get a small woo for the egg. I know Tom said that they have something brewing for the small which can allow this, but I cannot wait.

Cooking raised direct is the greatest discovery, especially for chicken. And with the products from CGS it is so much more helpful.

Comments

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    R & B??  What is that?  I have a woo for my small and the platesetter does not fit.  When you have a woo, just use a pizza stone for indirect.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • The R & b is for the large green egg which stands for ribs and brisket
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Just did prime ribeyes tonight.  Seared them at volcanic temps on the mini then moved them over to the small with some JD chips to finish at 400 raised direct.  Our small is the most used cooker in our fleet.  Just get a woo and a 10" stone and forget you bought the platesetter.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    A plate setter won't fit as the Woo has 4 posts attaching the top ring to the bottom ring and there's not enough space between them to fit a plate setter (unless you're willing to cut your PS down to fit).

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • I see thank you. I thought there were only 3 posts
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    I have the woo and stone for my small and the woo3 that works with the PS for my large. I prefer the ease of just removing the stone by removing the grid and grabbing the stone but for the large I have to take the woo completely out in order to remove the PS. Lately I have just been using a stone in the woo3 on the large cause it makes the switch from indirect to direct easier.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.