Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Affordable frying pan

Options
Looking for an affordable frying pan. We seem to run through the TFals like from Walmart. Currently have a Paula Deen 12.5 ". Needs to be at least 12". I have a nice set of stainless steel pans, but want an everyday pan that is non stick.

So what is your go to non stick fry pan and where did you get it from?
------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    My non stick from IKEA is a go to. Rock solid, came free in a pot set. And to think I was going to buy nice stuff.....ha.
    Seattle, WA
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I was going to suggest scanpan, until I saw affordable (I guess that's relative)

Awesome pan though.
    NOLA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I bought a pan from anolon years ago in their allure series. Most of their newer stuff seems to be a lesser quality but when they discounted the allure series when they discontinued them I bought every pan in the set including the wok. I have a 8" skillet than has probably cooked 3000 eggs and it looks brand new. You can cook an egg in them without spraying them and it won't stick. They are hard anodized so they are really non stick and from what I can tell after about 8 years they don't peel or flake off. The only drawback is they are heavy the 12" skillet weighs 10 plus pounds. Here is a link to a set but I'm sure you could find a single 12" skillet for $30 or so. They also look pretty nice. http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Anolon-Allure-10-piece-Cookware-Set/5244888/product.html
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    We bought a Circulon set 10yrs ago which included 2 frying pan. Used the heck out of them. Replaced the set with another Circulon set last year because we wanted glass lids.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,476
    Options
    I used a single T-Fal pan for almost 20 years, and recently ruined it by not turning off a burner.   :((
    I picked up one of those new ceramic-coated pans; the infomercials feature a green surface and the one I got (can't remember the brand name, was from Bed Bath & Behind) was white.  It's almost a disappointment in one way: after frying breakfast bacon in my T-Fal, I could pour off the grease and the eggs would then pick up the remaining "fond"; with this new white-coated pan the bacon fond slides right out with the grease!  
    Durability has been fine so far, but its been less than a year and I must use lower temps than you as my T-Fal lasted so long.  
    :-?

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Some will agree, and some will not, but we buy the cheap teflon skillets that are on sale at BB & B whatever the brand.  When they stop releasing fried eggs (about one a year) we toss them and get another "cheapy".  We've had the big name brands and they are no better IMO.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE